Chapter 23

(ALANA'S POV)

I sat outside on the porch of our house staring up at the night sky.

Something I always did when I was stressed out.

I had a whole bunch of questions I was asking myself.

The main questions that floated around my mind were- Did she keep it from me thinking it was keeping me safe? Did she not tell me because he threatened her? Like what was the reason.

My mom has the right to be mad at me for not telling her but I also have the right to be mad at her for knowing how dangerous he was but she never even bothered to tell me.

I was taken away from my thoughts when I heard the door open behind me.

"Hey." Xolo said walking out with Jacob following behind him.

"Hey." I said back giving him a small smile.

"Billy has got your mom upstairs calming her down if you want to come back inside." Jacob said.

I sighed. "No, I'm good being out here." I told them as they gave each other a look and sat down on either side of me.

"You know. Your mom is pretty evil for coming up with a game as a way of bringing your dad up." Jacob said looking at me wiping the tear stains off my face.

I laughed slightly. "That's my mom for ya."

After that we sat in silence. Mainly because I didn't want to talk to anyone but that soon changed.

"Alana." I heard Billy say as he walked outside. I looked over at him.

"I think you should come in and talk to your mom." He told me.

"Ha. Not happening." I said getting up to go inside to make a cup of tea.

"You have to talk to her." Billy said following me inside.

"No I don't." I turned around and looked at him. "She's my mother! She is the number one person in any persons life who is supposed to keep there child safe and be there for them!" I yelled.

They all sat there and looked at me.

"She just told me she never should have came here! My own mother. I already lost my father, now her." I said calming down.

"Babe, you didn't lose her." Xolo told me as he walked toward me.

"I did lose her. The minute I knew how dangerous she knew he was. Is when I lost the person I thought I knew best." I told them as I walked into the kitchen.

-
(XOLO'S POV)

"What do we do now?" I asked anyone who was still willing to convince her that she didn't lose her mom.

"Nothing." I heard her mom say as she walked downstairs.

"What?" I said as we turned around to look at her.

"You do nothing." She said setting her suitcase down next to her. "There's nothing you can do to get through to her." She told us.

"Ok then you do it, since you think we can't." Billy said crossing his arms.

She laughed. "No thanks." She said grabbing her suitcase ready to walk out the door.

"With all do respect. Please at least try for us." I said stopping her from walking out the door to leave.

"With all do respect." She said mocking me. "Get out of my way." She said but I didn't move. "Xolo." She said but I still didn't move.

"I'm not moving till you at least try." I said looking her in the eye.