Chapter 16

(ALANA'S POV)

I knocked on his trailer twice but no one answered.

"Jacob, are you in there?" I asked from outside.

I waited a couple more mins and that's when I heard sniffling.

Jacob was crying.

After that I didn't even care to knock again I just walked in.

"Jacob?" I said as he quickly wiped his tears away and grabbed his phone.

"Oh hey." He said acting like he was fine.

"Why aren't you out there with the rest of us?" I asked sitting down next to him.

"Not really feeling up to it." He said still not looking at me.

"Jacob?"

"What?" He said getting annoyed.

"Look at me." I said sternly.

When he turned to look at me I automatically knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said with a little attitude.

"Don't tell me nothing. I'm your best friend I know you more than you might think."

He took in a deep breath and spoke.

"She broke up with me." He said putting his phone back on the table.

I was shocked. "What?"

More tears started streaming down his face. "She called me last night telling me she doesn't think this long distance is gonna work anymore and.... broke up with me." He said with the saddest look I've ever seen.

"Oh J." I said hugging him. "I'm so sorry."

"It really sucks."

I felt so bad for him. "I'm sure it does."

And it also made sense. "I'm guessing this is why you were in such a mood this morning." I said running my fingers through his bright red hair to calm him down.

He signed. "I just needed to clear my head but all I seemed to do was cry and think of her."

I was curious to know this one question I had so I asked him. "Did you both agree on it?"

He was hesitant to say but told me anyways. "I mean I did... cause it was hard doing long distance, but I never expected it to lead to a breakup."

"Well look at the bright side, you don't have to deal with a hormonal girl anymore." I said trying to cheer him up a little.

He laughed. "I'm glad I have you as my best friend."

"Me too." I said smiling.

We sat there for another minute till I was tired of all the sadness.