No - 68

A/N I'm baaaaack. Just a warning, major character death. 

June 10th.

It had officially been two months since Anna had left, and nothing was better, honestly.

The others had all joined The Order. It's their third mission.

Everything would go wrong.

They're ransacking a Death Eater base, the Rosier home.

There are five Death Eaters there: Annalee, Bellatrix, Lucius, Regulus, and Evan Rosier. The Order people are Remus, Marlene, Lily, Ginger, and James. The rest were busy back at the Headquarters.

It started off as a sneaking mission.

Regulus and Anna are busy in the parlor, playing catch and practicing occlumency.

"Do you feel engaged, Anne?" Regulus teases, tossing her the ball.

Anna rolls her eyes, "It's your turn, Reg."

She pushes into his mind, a murky area. That's why she doesn't hear the footsteps.

Then there's the yelling, taking her out of his mind.

The battle is warring all around her. And yet, she's untouched. None of her friends seem to have seen her yet, so she ducks away, covertly sending shields to the Order people whenever she can/has to.

Blasts of green and red are all around.

Bellatrix yells out, "Now!" (this is the exact moment it all goes wrong) and Lucius, Regulus, and Evan disappear.

Lily, James, and Marlene apparate away, as James had been injured.

"Cousin," Ginger regards Bellatrix curtly. "Sort of."

Despite himself, Remus snickers.

The cursing ensues.

A hand pulls Anna into another room.

"I told you I would never hurt them," she says to Tom Riddle himself curtly. "And you swore you wouldn't hurt them, either."

He grins. "I didn't. In fact, I didn't hurt any one of them."

Anna had always known of this loophole in their agreement, but she also knows that they can take care of themselves.

Outside the room, Remus and Ginger strike down Bellatrix, immobilizing her, and creep towards the other room.

"You're a bastard," she sneers. "A murderer."

Ginger goes pale at her voice.

"And you're my property," Tom hisses, grabbing her arm.

So she smiles that smile that sends shivers down people's spines as she coos, "I was never yours," and apparates to the other side of the door, where she doesn't know Remus and Ginger still are.

"Oh, fucking hell, Annie," Ginger breathes.

Anna looks like a puppy then, with her big eyes as Remus stares intensely.

Voldemort roars.

"Shit, go, go, go," Anna cries out, pushing them away.

It's too late.

A green light strikes out and Anna does her best to jump in front of it, she really does. But she's a millisecond too late. It hits Ginger.

And so the brunette drops to the ground, that light leaving her bright eyes and the breath leaving her lungs and the words leaving her throat.