↠third year, 1.4

SEPTEMBER

As September rolls around, thirteen year-olds Annalee Fawley and Dorothy Hawkins and twelve year-old Regulus Black are closer than ever. They become the Queen's Court 2.0.

Regulus makes the quidditch team without much of a fight. The lineup is now Lucius Malfoy (who has recently started dating the eleven year-old Narcissa Black officially - creepy as hell, yes - and is the captain), Avery, Mulciber, Dorothy Hawkins (who's as sassy as ever and Anna suspects she has a crush on Regulus), Annalee Fawley (whose quidditch career is shaping up to be the brightest of a Slytherin's in a long time), and Regulus Black (who Anna suspects has a crush on Dorothy).

OCTOBER

"Hey! Dory! Get over here!" Regulus exclaims as he playfully lunges over people to get to the perpetrator of his current turmoil.

When he finally gets to the black-haired girl, he pounces on her.

"Oh, heeey! Reggie, it's been a while. Did you do something different with your hair?" she asks, trying not to let her lips quirk with a smile as she looks at his newly-dyed neon blue hair.

He tries to look threatening, but he winds up laughing. The surrounding students gawk at the the second and third most threatening kids in the school laughing in public.

"You know, I have been feeling slightly blue lately. What do you think? Do I look a little weird?" Regulus asks playfully.

Dorothy glares teasingly and shoves him lightly, "Just a bit. And that was a terrible pun, by the way."

From the other side of the room, Anna grins as she watches her best friends flirt.

"Aw, Dory. You're a-dory-ble."

"Never do that again. Please," Dory begs. "Unless you want me to start calling you... Eggie?"

"No!" Regulus exclaims, aghast. "You wouldn't."

"Oh, I would," Dory reassures him. "Not only that, but I would go so far as to write it on your head!"

"So you admit that you played the key part in the Great Dye of 1973?"

"You're so dramatic!"

Regulus gasps, "You didn't deny it! How could you?"

Dorothy shrieks and runs away. Regulus bounds after her, and Anna slinks away and into the shadows.

NOVEMBER

By the end of November, Regulus and Dorothy are dating, much to both of their parent's chagrin. Surprisingly enough, Anna doesn't feel especially excluded. Since Reggie isn't old enough to go to Hogsmeade, the two go together; no harm, no foul.

Except, of course, when the two make plans to go home together for Christmas.

DECEMBER

Lily Evans and Annalee Fawley are the only two students below sixth year who stay behind for the entire Winter break. 

In Annalee's mind, she's staying to be alone and away from everybody and everything. Also to study and be away from her parents. She'd found herself hating her home. She hated the biting words that made her feel smaller than those dots in the sky at night. She was just counting down until she could graduate and move away.

Lily stays behind to be away from her awful older sister and her boyfriend, Vernon.

After a great deal of thinking, on the third day of Winter Break, Annalee does something she's never done before: She apologizes. She'd seen Regulus do it a week prior so she figures, If it's that easy, I can do it, too.