Food Poisoning Makes Good Stargazing Opportunities - 51

November 16th.

"Please, love?" Anna asks with the biggest doe eyes ever, pressing a kiss to Sirius's neck where she knows will help her argument.

He lets out a long breath. "Fine. You can keep the bloody jacket. For a week."

"Thank you," she giggles, attaching her lips to his again and pulling his leather bomber jacket (which was at least three sizes too big) that she had stolen only a week ago up and wrapped it around her.

He feigns annoyance with a playful roll of his eyes, "Only because I love you. Don't let it go to your head."

"I won't," Anna chuckles, wrapping her arms around him.

In all reality, Sirius would plead with her to let him give her whatever she wants when she gives him those eyes.

November 17th.

November seventeenth. That was the day it all started to unravel. It started simple, it really did. Classes, chaste kisses, long stares.

It could've all wound up fine.

It should've all wound up fine.

You see, Annalee Fawley wasn't hungry the night of the seventeenth. In fact, she was ready to just go to sleep instead of eating dinner. Sirius, unfortunately, was having none of it.

"Princess, please," Sirius had begged, his puppy dog eyes boring into her soul. "You haven't eaten anything today. I'm worried."

This was true. She'd had another dream the previous night and had thrown up afterwards.

"Fine," Anna drawled, pulling his bomber jacket up on her shoulders high enough that she hides her mouth. Sirius laughs.

She walked downstairs with him and into the Great Hall where Lily, Marlene, Ginger, and Remus were the only ones left at all. Maybe that was why it was so easy.

Anna found herself laughing with friends. It was a genuinely happy laugh. Ecstatic, really. It was the first time that entire day. And that was all any of them could think about. They didn't bother looking at the food that excreted an odd green color when she shoveled a spoonful into her mouth. Hell, they didn't even spare it a second glance.

The poison in the food was designed very carefully. It wouldn't take effect until hours later when she was sleeping.

Which brings us to this moment.

Anna had fallen asleep in Sirius's jacket.

"Anna!" Ginger yells, shaking the girl in her bed in an attempt to wake her up. "Wake up, Annalee. Please."

Anna's eyes flicker open, her skin a sickly green and her eyes glazed over. "G-Ginger?"

"Yeah. It's me. You were shaking and crying. We have to get you to the Hospital Wing. I think you got food poisoning," Ginger says fiercely, helping her up.

"We need to make sure that no one sees me," Anna mutters as she stands up. "Ginger, listen to me. I need to tell you something."

"We need to go first," the brunette replies urgently, pushing her forward.

"No," Anna says hoarsely, putting her arm around Ginger for support. "I might be about to die. It was Voldemort, I know it. There's this organization called the D.A. I didn't want to tell you about it to keep you safe, but you're in this now. It's a movement to fight him. You need to join. And you can't tell anyone what happened tonight, not Sirius or Lily or Marlene or anyone else in The Coven or the Marauders. Dumbledore and I have a plan in place. Everyone needs to think I'm dead."