|| chapter 18 ||

"(y/n)?"

The silver haired captain have been looking for you, only to see you caught up with a silverish-grey fur ball.

Let me just rewind time a bit earlier.

==

It was early past noon when you arrived at the royal castle knowing your captain was at his study. You just wish he had his lunch.

You knew he had so much work to do, you were practically a secretary for him.

You were from the headquarters, the magic knights from the place had told you that the captain had not been at the base. He must've been at the royal castle then with his paperworks.

Before you head out, you've relieved yourself from your duties at the infirmaries and possible meetings.

You greeted both siblings on your way to his study. You missed Noelle already, it had only been a week or so since then.

You knocked on the door, he asked who was on the other side of the door. After knowing it was you, he said an 'enter' and you walked up to see him in the middled of two stacks of papers.

If you hadn't seen the amount of paper works the wizard king had always left on his desk. Then you might say it was more than a lot.

"Nozel-sama, do you need help?"

"No."

Then again, you won't just let him do all of his works all to himself.

You walked infront of his desk, he looks up to see you. You two stared for a while, you're collective face never wavered and the gaze you gave him, knowing he wouldn't let you help him.

"Fine."

You gave a small lopsided smile and started reading the papers on the other stack.

You can't forge his signatures so you were tasked to enlist the important and non-important papers. You also arranged it so, by then you were done with the stack.

You looked to the side to see the braided captain almost done with the first stack.

"Nozel-sama, this pile is arranged. You should be done in no time." You noted at him, he nods and took the pile.

Indeed it was properly arranged and organized, leaving him to sign the papers after skimming through.

You thought he would've been done, but I guess you've hexed it. A knock came through the door.

And when the person introduced himself of being a magic knight, permission was granted and there came a magic knight with another stack of piles of paper.

As the magic knight left, visible scowl and stressed aura got intensed as he stared at the added pile.

You thinned your lips and bit your cheeks, trying not to laugh at his reaction.

He must've noticed you, he shifted his eyes and you looked away. You looked at the bookshelves by the side of the wall.

You coughed at your enclosed fist and pink hues tinted your cheeks. You adjusted your glasses and closed your eyes momentarily.

"I-I guess, there's more..." you bit your bottom lip.

"It wouldn't have been, if you haven't hexed." he retorted.

"Even if I didn't 'hexed' it. It would've still been delivered." You defended, a soft half-smirk seen at your face.

He clicked his tongue on you, you walked to his side, facing the added pile, "Don't worry, don't worry. I'll help you."