|| chapter 7 ||

A year later, training alone with your cloud magic. You felt lonely without the free-spirited lioness who yells at you while training but despite that her company was very entertaining and pleasing.

Where's the lioness now? Well, recently this year when she had gotten her grimoire, she went off far beyond the forsaken realm, The Neutral Zone or what many had called The Strong Magic Region. But Fuegoleon didn't approve of that telling her she could've been a great magic knight and can be the next captain of the Crimson Lions.

The lioness didn't approve of that neither, the confrontation then lead to a fight between the siblings, in which set ablaze onto the Vermillion estate. The day before she would receive her grimoire, that day was known as the "Hot-blooded Tuesday".

You were worried and panicking that you had asked -- begged -- Nozel for his permission to visit the Vermillion estate.

You sigh as you still remembered the place engulfed with flames, Rivalries from siblings are dangerous especially from both of them.

==

Training by yourself again, with a motivation of a few years you'll be able to get your grimoire.

Although training, you never considered sparring after years of your training. You never really did like the thought of harming a person. Scenes from the incident back from your home rewinds like record in repeat at your head at the thought.

You shook your head from the bitter memory.

Your cloud magic was improving throughout the years, although you realized it wasn't a magic that could be very well at the front lines, in which the silvernette had pointed out.

You wondered, how did your mother then became a vice captain for the silver eagles? On top of that she was included on the front lines.

You wanted to protect your family. But your magic doesn't seem to want you to.

==

You held the hand of the almost-one year old boy who was trying to walk. You were put to babysit him for a while since his mother was busy with her duties as the Silver Eagles captain.

You held him steadily as he balanced his body and started to walk. He oogily stared at his feet as he made more steps.

You plastered a small smile as you see him giggling while he walks. Lady Acier would be glad to see this. You thought as he continually took steps.

knock. knock.

"(y/n), are you here? Did Solid give you a hard time?" The door cracked open wide enough as the said mother figure peeked her head. She finds you guarding Solid in case he falls. Solid on the other hand perked up as he heard his mother's voice.

He walked albeit slowly he outstretched his arms towards his mother. Acier smiled at her second son as she picked him up.

"Oh? You know how to walk now?" She cooed at her son and giggled after.

"I'm glad he can walk now. (Y/n), thank you for looking out for Solid. There was a slight emergency but it was taken care of."

You nod and looked at the child in his mother's embrace.

"You seemed to be fond with children."

You took your gaze off of the child and looked at the noblewoman. You tilted your head,

"Excuse me?"

"You seemed to be very fond with taking care of Solid, and Nebra as well a few years ago, too." She laughed at first and settled down her voice.