|| chapter 9 ||

The happy and cheerful atmospheric changed as the news had its drawback.

A new life, a child, was to be expected but the life of the mother shall be taken.

The curse embedded on to her endangered both lives. Why? why does it always have to be them... Those people I care about? Why?

"(y---"

"(y/n---"

"(y/n)."

You looked at the person who had called you. His forehead creased as his eyebrow scrunched together. Purple eyes stared on to you,

"I've been repeating your name three times already. Stop getting your head up in the clouds."

You realized you've been staring at the ground for a while unaware of his calls.

"o-oh. Sorry, Nozel-sama. May I ask why were you calling me?"

He clicked his tongue, "Mother requests our presence."

You nod and followed behind him as he walked first.

==

"Nozel, (Y/n)."

The pregnant silvernette called out the two when they have entered the room from her balcony where she sat down.

"You have called us here, mother."

"Ah... yes."

She smiled at both of you.

"Nozel."

"You'll finally be awarded your grimoire next year. I'm already excited to see what sorts of spells you'll learn!"

"I'll learn spells of unrivalled power... and become the strongest magic knight captain. Just like you, mother!"

"Heh Heh, yesh... Nebra and Solid have water based magic, like their father." She patted her big belly that bears the child, "I couldn't tell you why, but I think this little one will too."

"You're the only one who inherited my steel attribute. Use that magic to protect your siblings, all right?"

The teen who had been requested to take care of his siblings stayed silent until, "I will."

She smiled at his response and nods afterwardly, she turns her head at your figure whose eye pupils shook as you squinted them to stop from tearing up. And the crooked thin line of your lips.

"(y/n)."

A shaky 'yes' from you as she told you to come closer.

"(Y/n). You've grown a lot ever since I've taken you in. I'm sure both of your parents would be so proud of you. Keep practicing your cloud magic, especially your healing magic, it can help you save more lives in the future."

She paused and smiled at you, tears were on the verge at your eyes.

"I want to make a request for me."

You nod.

"Take care of them. Take care of them for me, will you? This child, too."

She takes your hand and placed it on her growing belly. You felt the life she bares under your palm.

"I-I will... but isn't there any more reason you can't take care of them with me?... please?" You pleaded with a soft whisper as tears flowed down. You already knew the answer, but you can't accept it.

You cupped with both of your hands her hand that held yours a moment ago. The hand that belongs to the lady that had saved your life, the lady whose known as 'The dancing princess of the battle field'/ 'Steel war princess', who you grew to admire. The lady who encourages you, the lady who you looked up as your second mother.