|| chapter 10 ||

Years have passed when the death of the Lady of the Silva and the birth of the youngest Silva happened.

Nozel received his grimoire a year after that and joined the Silver Eagles. You stayed training and taking care of the siblings.

A few of the servants did tried mistreating you and taking the chance when the young Lord was out for missions. Though, it did not last long when they were found out by the young Lord himself.

After receiving your grimoire, you did not join the magic knights right off. Why? A certain silver haired forbid you so.

But after a year of persuasion, he agreed. You were classified as a support mage, specifically as a recovery mage.

You most likely stayed at the infirmary more than the battlefield, much to his relief.

Although when short-handed, you were sent out as a support mage.

It had been 5 years since then, a year ago when you have been officially a magic knight. Lots of things happened aside from that.

"(Y/n)-nee-sama?"

"O-Oh... it seems I have spaced out a bit. Where were we?" You shook your head and focused at the 5 year old child who you carried at your lap.

"The part when the demon was defeated by the first wizard king!"

"Oh that's right... 'Finally he defeated the foul creature and when he was finished. The world was a brighter place than it had ever been before.' " You flipped the page,

"'The long night ended at last, the mage had brought dawn to the world'", You flipped onto the last page,

"'The triumphant mage was hailed, 'The Wizard King', and his story became legend'".

You smiled at the story and closed the book, you looked at the child who was in awe of the story.

"Did you like the story?"

She nodded in response with a smile, her pink eyes were sparkling and her pigtail styled hair with braids instead was swayed and shook at her nods.

==

You arrived at the castle from the headquarters, when you saw a teary eyed and wet figure of a small girl.

"Noelle?" The said girl turned around to see her considered big sister she admired.

"(Y/n)-nee-sama..."

"Why are you--- You're wet? Come on let's get you a towel. Tell me what happened after." You guided her first to her room before she gets a cold in her drenched state.

After she had told you about what happened, you wiped her tears that leaked out.

Ever since then, Solid had grown to bully Noelle, Nebra would sometimes join him, too... I already told Nozel about this... He didn't do anything about it either. You sympathize the little girl you hugged,

It wasn't any of your fault, Noelle... But we can't tell anyone about it either... I'm sorry.... Someday the truth would've been set free... You hugged the girl tighter but not too much to suffocate her.

==

You stayed behind Nozel when you two and other magic knights from the Silver Eagles were called for an urgent mission at the town Kiten.

It seems that diamond mages began infiltrating the town again. This time the magic knights at the town were short handed with healers and are having a hard time dealing with the diamond mages that had some of the townspeople in hostage.

You looked at Nozel and the braid infront of his face, you had remembered the time when he had troubled with the grown hair that covered his vision.