|| chapter 2 ||

The two can now be seen almost everywhere together with the you following behind. As if you were his personal servant. The young boy however, did not mind of you tailing him.

He too had also been accustomed with you behind him. Not only that, he had also treated you well, apart from the times when he frequently ordered you around.

You had also met Nebra as she was only three years younger than you. You felt adoringly happy to see someone younger than you.

==

They've told you that you should no longer use your last name. For there might still be people hunting you down as they concluded from the assassination of the House (L/N) vanishment apart from the hidden survivor, you.

Lady Acier offered you to keep their last name, Silva. But you declined, saying someday you'll take your name back, a sliver of hope and determination in your eyes.

Only of the members of the Silva family and of those present in the incident have known of the only noble survivor. The servants of the House Silva, unbeknowst to them of your true identity and therefore had mistreated you like a servant or even lower.

They have only thought of you as the pitied child brought home by their kind Lady. They gestured you to be the servant of the young heir. But you knew nothing of the chores that resulted to even more of the mistreatment.

"Pathetic, the Lady had only took pity on you and you just sat around like some guest."

"Stand up and go around, clean up, you're no guest."

"You have such dull eyes and thin frame, surely the Lady only pitied upon you."

"Make yourself useful and do some work, pathetic."

Pathetic. you thought, maybe they were right. You might've led your family to death, whether or not it was accidental.   

==

Scraping the floor with sponge in hand, you slowly wiped the floor despite still physically and mentally exhausted from the incident that happened almost a few weeks ago, you were just child who knows how much fatigue you could carry.

You wiped away the sweat that dripped on the side of your face. Kneeling at the floor, lightly panting. Scraping the floor, was one of the only things you knew to do in cleaning, expected of a noble.

The sound of footsteps were coming closer, you looked up to see the mother-child silvernettes in tow. The mother figure then told you to stand up and drop the spomde in hand.

"(y/n), why were you scraping the floor?"

You blankly look at her, "Because, I need to clean." you said rather bluntly.

"Why do you need to clean, it is unnecessary. I have not once told you to clean." The young lad piped in.

"Nozel, whether or not you had ordered her to clean or not, she shouldn't have," She scolded her son who now had a scowl on his face and turned back to you, "(y/n), you don't need to clean. You are apart of our family, you're not a servant here."

You owlishly blinked at her, "But... they said I needed to clean. And Alcier-sama, this is the only way I could ever repay you."

Her eyes soften as she hears your words, "You don't need to repay me, I promised your mother to take care of you when the time comes..." She cupped your cheeks featherly light, "(y/n), you are now part of our family, remember that."

You nod, "Who told you to clean?", a child's voice interjected with a slight irritated tone that was fortunately left unnoticed.

"The headmaid and the butler... and some of them, too." Looking down to the floor, grasping the hem of the apron that you were not suppose to wear.