"Just you and me bud." Kate whispered down to her son as she turned closing the front door.

"Aunty Kate..." Lucy whined from the top of the stairs.

"Yes honey." Kate replied back looking up towards her.

Lucy gave a  humph "That wolf is still outside. I growled at him to go away and ge growled back at me. That not fair.... This is my Pack not his. Tell him!" She yelled.

Rolling her eyes Kate decided to go upstairs to investigate the matter further. Walking into Lucy room she saw the window was wide open. Lucy climbed onto the chair and pointed into the woods.

Kate couldn't see anything as it was getting dark but to smooth Lucy fears she called out. "This is Lucy Pack please leave."

"Look there." Lucy eagerly pointed to the left. "You done it. He is leaving running away. Back to Elena house."

Squinting her eyes Kate could make out a shadow of an animal running in the woods. Giving a deeper look at her niece Kate wondered just how much was Lucy imagination or how much was the truth.

***********

Dylan turned away from the house with the little child Lucy that always held his attention. For some reason he is always drawn to this property.

The little girl growled territory warnings at him. She was not yet accepted into this pack but considered that whole property hers.

Dylan growled back. This is his land. This little girl needs to learn her place. There is never an alpha female. She will submit. Hearing her whimper and run away Dylan felt a little bad then remembered she has to learn the law of the pack.

Dylan mind drifted to the scent in the car that was travelling to his mother home. Reluctantly he turned away and began running through the woods to get to the pack house.

He almost stumbled when he thought he heard her voice in the wind. It was faint, but the melody reached his ears.

It can't be her. She died. He felt it. His heart clenched and he let out a piercing howl. His mate died cause he took too long to claim her cause he placed his position in the archangels above her.

The goddess  saw fit to give him this honor and he turned it away. Dylan locked away his shame and his emotions deep inside him as he ran.

He managed to get to the house five minutes before the car. He used this time to shower and dress accordingly for the meal.

When putting on his shirt be grimace. He didn't know how he is going to get out of this meal that his mother is setting up for him.

Things must be dire if his parents thinks they need to intervene. Getting laid or women was never a problem for Dylan.

Walking down to the dining area Dylan saw that the meal will only consists of his parents, lyndsey and him. Dylan cursed under his breath he thought that his siblings or some other members of the pack will be there at least.

"Hi." Lyndsay said standing up from her chair holding out her hand to him in greeting.

Dylan saw his parents nearby grinning from ear to ear. He approached her slowly sniffing the air as he went. His eyes turning almost black, heart rate increasing. Pounding like waterful in his ears.

It can't be....  This could not be her... She died...

Dylan looked her up and down. She didn't look the same but what he smelled of her in the park was stronger. Dylan sniffed again. Was she his new mate? But why did she smell like the last one.

Dylan realised that he was being rude as he just stood there staring. He picked up her hand in greeting then waiting for the electric to run through their bodies. Nothing. Nothing at all. He stood there confused.

"Son." Enock clapped him on the back. "Why don't you sit down. It's time for us to have some food."

Lyndsey shyly sat in her chair opposite Dylan. She found it hard to maintain eye contact with him whilst he kept staring at her like he seen a ghost.

Dylan found that dinner with Lyndsey was a pleasant affair. So much so that after dessert he offered to take her home much to the delight of his parents. When really he just wanted to understand more clearly what is this attraction that he has towards her and her home.

It was gone ten pm when he walked Lyndsey to her door. She shivered as she unlocked the door and walked in.

Dylan stayed at the doorway waiting for her to invite him in.

"Would you like some coffee?" Lyndsey asked as she gestured for him to come in.

Dylan took a deep breath as he stepped in. Her scent was so much stronger her. He felt he could down in it.

He looked around the house and could see items that belonged to old pack mates and things that were newly brought.

Stepping into the kitchen area Dylan picked up a picture of Lyndsey and the girl child.

This brought back a memory of deja vu like he saw this already.

"That's my daughter Lucy." Lyndsay said. "If you look over there you see my sister,"

Before he had a chance to look his phone beeped. Dylan looked down at the phone to see a messaged from his dad.

"War."

"I got to go." Dylan placed the photo back on the table. "Maybe we can pick this back up on the weekend at the house."

Lyndsey nodded as she walked him to the door. She leaned in to give him a hug and hopefully a peck on the cheek but he leaned back before any intimacy could happen.

Closing the door on his exit Lyndsey gave a dreamy sigh.

Kate coughed from onto of the stairs with her hands on her hips. "I knew I could hear something."

Lyndsey blushed. "Nothing happened."

Kate raised an eyebrow. "But you wanted too.. I stayed upstairs when I heard you invite him in. Was unsure if you wanted me to co,ckblock or not. "

Lyndsey shook her head. "You should have came down and introduced yourself. Well you see him on the weekend anyways."

"Did tonight go well?" Kate asked.

"Yes." Lynday spun around in a circle. "I think he is the one!"

Kate laughed. One thing with the women in their family is they fall in love quick.

Kate hopes that one day she find the love of her life. The father of her son.

End of chapter

Hi my loyal fans. I'm hoping to get back to writing after 3 years hiatus. I feel more energy and can't wait to share these stories with you x