Chapter 8

Uploaded on 21/06/2021

Sorry for the long delay (years) in upload. I have now finished my degree and start my first graduate job. I would like to thank all my supporters throughout the years. I dedicate this chapter to you.

Chapter 8

"So you are telling me you're going on a date with Elena son?" Kate looked at her sister in shock. "You work quick."

Lyndsey  smiled looking sheepish. "Technically, he did not ask that was Elena just because she saw us talking to each other." 

Kate looked down to her sleeping son in the baby rocker oblivious to the world around him.  

"What did he look like?" Kate curiously asked. She didn't want her sister getting into a relationship like she had last time. Then again Elena and Enoch appeared to have a good set of head on their shoulders.

Lyndsey looked up at Kate with a dreamy smile. "He so tall and muscular, not my usual type but you will sure to like him."

Kate rolled her eyes. "I'm not interested in anyone at the moment but this little guy."

Lyndsey peaked over at her sleeping nephew. "Aww... my ovaries." She grabbed her belly. "What about that man you met over at the over town?"

Kate shook her head, she don't know what to say or describe it but he was giving her some bad vibes. "As I said I'm not interested in him." Wanting to change the subject Kate decided to return the conversation back to lyndsey. "So when is the date again?"

Just then lyndsey phone beeped. "Tonight I'm invited over to dinner."

Kate raised her eyebrows. "Well let's not leave things to last minute. Let's go and pick you and outfit out."

With an excited squeal lyndsey ran upstairs to her room to her closet.

It was at 7pm that Lyndsey was ready wearing one of Kates old favourite black modest dress.

"Are you sure I look okay?" Lyndsey asked for the tenth time smoothing down her dress as she looked in the mirror in the hallway by the front door.

Rocking her baby boy in her arms Kate smiled at her sister with genuine job. "Of course."

Lyndsey wrinkled her nose sniffing the dress. "You sure I shouldn't change? It's been boxed up for ages and smells like you."

Mouth wide with shock, Kate playfully slapped her sister in the arm. "It doesn't stink I washed it before packing it away months ago. Here you can wear my perfume."

Before Kate could spray her the door bell rung. Opening the door with her son over her shoulder Kate saw Elena at the door.

"Come in." Kate greeted her with a air kiss to her cheeks.

Elena stepped in wearing a purple dress. "I thought it best that I pick you up lyndsey. Where is little Lucy tonight?"

Lyndsey pointed upstairs. "She is in her room watching a movie. She is upset that she can't go."

"Oh..." Elena eyes darted between the sisters feeling a little awkward. "I wanted you all to come over at the weekend we are doing a pack get to gether."

"Pack?" Lyndsey and Kate said in confusion.

"People, I meant. Pack is a slang you will here from time to time here." Slapping her hands together Elena motioned to the door. "I get her back home by midnight "

Lyndsey gave Kate a tight smile and a hug as she left.

Kate watch them from the door get in a black car then slowly sped away into the dusk night.