Why'd You Come Back To Play?

Dim flew up to me.

Dim: I don't want some stupid heart! Ah ha ha... I want him.

Dim gestured to Mr.L's body.

Nastasia: Mr.L..?

Dim: Surely you must have SOME DETERMINATION left from when you tested me like a lab rat.

He started floating towards me and I kept backing up.

Nastasia: I-I swear, Dim, I've been trying everything!

Dim: Well everything isn't apparently enough, now IS IT?! And I'm sure that since you're not DOING anything with the DETERMINATION you took from ME...

I now had my back pressed to the wall as he advanced towards me.

Dim: You might consider... giving a sizable donation~?

Nastasia: U-u-u-uh... I-I'm sorry, b-but I can't...

Dim began chuckling again as he backed away a little bit from me.

Dim: Of course you can't. Because you don't want to! If it was someone you cared about I'm sure you would do anything in a HEARTBEAT! 

Nastasia: Well, what do you know?! You don't have a-!

I stopped myself before I finished that sentence. Dim's expression turned dark.

Dim: Well. Care to finish that statement? I DARE you.

I started to tremble with fear. He could be dangerous when he was this mad...

Nastasia: I-I... I just...

Dim: Ah ha ha... You MADE me, after all... What's one more unethical experiment~?

Nastasia: Look... I'm sorry... But I can't do that again! Not after what I did to you...

Dim: ...

Nastasia: Please! Surely you don't want Mr.L to go through the same thing! Just understand that...

I trailed off as soon as I realized that Dim was chuckling.

Dim: You expect me to just ACCEPT the fact that he's GONE?!?!

I closed my eyes, waiting for him to do something to me. Instead, I heard sobbing. I opened my eyes to see that Dim was back by Mr.L, and crying.

Dim: He was my everything... My perfect world... It took me too long to realize, and now he's gone...

He looked up at me.

Dim: He was the closest I came to feeling anything! Even before I lost my SOUL and memories... A-and now I don't even remember him...

He turned back around so his face was buried in Mr.L's side.

Nastasia: Dimentio, I-

He snapped around and threw a projectile at me. I instinctively slid down onto the floor and held up the glass container. It shattered, raining glass pieces on the floor as the SOUL fell as well.

Dim: I'M NOT DIMENTIO! I'M JUST DIM NOW! DIM THE PIXL! YOU MADE ME LIKE THIS AND NOW I CAN'T BE WITH HIM BECAUSE I'M A DANGER TO EVERYONE!!!

I tried to scurry away from him only to have something wrap around my ankle and drag me back. He lifted me into the air and I could see that he was melting again.

Nastasia: D-Dimentio... W-what would Mr.L say about this?!

He summoned a lot of magic projectiles, an angry scowl on his now distorted face.

Dim: W̶̢̛͖̼͓͓̻͓̪̪͔̌͂͋͆͋͒͒͛ͅě̶͙̥̹͇͎̻̕l̶̘̯̙̮͗͂͌́̇͌͑̐̉͋̽̒͂l̴̨̢̠̹̟͔̰̯̑̂̽,̵̯̝̱͎̽̄͆̂̒̊̚̕ ̸̡̨̡̢̯̹̥̻̖̠̜͕̫͆͌̎̈́̈́̏̋̅̕͠t̷̫̗͖͇͙͑̂̃͆̌̿̒͆̿͋̊̕̚͜͜h̵̞̤̹̺͉̋͆̈͊̃̍̚̕e̴̹̚n̴͎̰̯̍͊̏ ̸̢̡̡̮͖͙̰́̈̉̈͝ģ̷̪̺̙͈̠̻̲̖̰͉̱̈́̉̀͝o̶̦͒͑̈͑̇́͐͛̑̇͘͝͝ơ̵̹̞̻̇̒͆͊͊͋̔̀͗́͘ḑ̶̣́̾̏̈́͌͒̀̅͠ ̵̟̩̱͕̜̌̄̚͝t̷̺͙͍͕̻̤̹̞̗͒́̑̋́̓̒́̈̽͘̕ȟ̷͔̭̥̟̙̯̘̤̥̗̼̜̀i̶̱̺̞͎̋̓͛̔̐̅̑͜n̴̨̛͙̖͕̦̤̼̻̘̈́̑̏̌̾͋͐͘͘̕̕g̴̣̻̝̻̘͔͎̰̣̳̦͒̓̾͛̇̕͝ ̶͕̰̪̫͇̖͇̥̪͇͊̂̒̿́̊͗̅͘͝L̸̡̠̞̤͓͚̠̜̘̩̯̽̀̒̈́̓́̿̒̕͜͠ͅ ̶̛͈̩̩̜̈́͒̅́̉i̸͔̯͂̓̀́̄͆̅̾̒́͠͝s̸̡̡͖͔̝̬̹͉̩̳̄̆̐̊̏̿͝ ̴̢̝̣͙̘̳̲͆́͆͂̑͗̑͋̉͝͝n̶̡̻̤͕̜͍̣̆̈́̌̔̈́ỏ̴̫̖͕͙̩̯̈̑̽̑͐̈t̴͎̤̜̙̩̥̤̺̘͖̽̒̍ ̵͙͉̮̺̱̹̘̲̼̖͍̘̔̇̎̉͊̍̍h̵̢̖̙͉̞̳̀̈́́̅̓̚é̶͕̤̮͓̳̮͚͙̤͍͖͜ŗ̴͓͍̹̟̖̫̭͎̣̍̒̀̅̉̕͝ě̵̛̛̠̙͖̹̾̋̽̈́̈́͝͠.̵̠̖̤̺̹̱̝͇̝̘̋́͂͑̀̊̕͜͠

I shut my eyes tight and braced for impact. Ready for him to end my game.

???: D-Dim..?

I opened my eyes and both Dim and I turned to see who it was. My eyes went wide. Mr.L's eyes were OPENING. I think that Dim noticed too.

The projectiles and the ropes wrapped around me disappeared all at once and I fell to the floor in a coughing fit. Dim backed away slightly.

Dim: L-L?

Mr.L weakly looked up at us, his eyes not even entirely open.

Mr.L: D-Dim... I-Is that you..? What's going on..?

Dim stayed frozen in place.

Dim: I-I-I... L-L I...

Dim looked over at me and then down at himself, an expression of horror spreading across his face.

Dim: Th-that shouldn't have... I-I didn't mean-! I-I just wanted-!

He took one last look at me and then flew off crying, picking up his SOUL on the way.

He was gone.

I looked back over at Mr.L only to see that his eyes were closed now. I scurried over and checked his pulse.

Nothing.

Nastasia: H-how is that possible?! He was awake a few seconds ago! What was the difference?!

I gasped as soon as I realized something.

Nastasia: The only difference... Was that Dimentio was here... It gave him a REASON to persist... He could SENSE the presence of his SOUL!

I looked towards the door and saw the trail of melted bits from Dim.

Nastasia: But now... He's not coming back...

--------------- Present ---------------

Mr.L's POV:

I sat there, taking it all in.

Mr.L: You... Said that I had woken up..?

Nastasia nodded. That must have been right before I disappeared...

Nastasia: Your eyes opened. And if they didn't... my game would've probably been ended... I haven't seen Dim since... But it sounds like you have...

I chuckled a little as I stood up.

Mr.L: Yeah. Thanks for telling me the full story.

Nastasia nodded again. I waved goodbye as I left her room, closing the door behind me. I continued back down the halls. Now it was time to finally confront Blumiere.

I was walking back down the mirror hall when all of a sudden... my phone started to ring. I reached into my pocket and pulled it out.

Mr.L: Hello?

???: Mr.L... Are you there?

I recognized the voice immediately.

???: It has been quite a while since we met up face to face, hm? But you've been doing quite a good job. Thanks to you, my plans shall finally come to fruition. See you soon... Mr.L...

They hung up.