💙Pure Heart-break💙

My surroundings turned black. Timpani stood in front of me, not wanting me to leave. The four options appeared once again.

[🔪FIGHT] [🎉ACT] [💰ITEM] [❌MERCY]

I selected [🎉ACT].

*Check                   *Talk

I decided to start with *Check.

*Timpani - ATK 8 DEF 11

*An overprotective woman with a SOUL of INTEGRITY. She is the guardian of the Blue Pure Heart.

Timpani: I want you to prove that you can survive.

My SOUL was thrown into the box. I ducked and dodged as she threw butterfly-shaped projectiles. I got hit by one and felt a pain sear in my chest.

LV 1: 17/20

My SOUL went back to the four options. I selected [🎉ACT] and then *Talk.

*You told Timpani that you didn't want to fight.

*...

*She seemed to ignore you.

Timpani: You can't talk your way out of this one. What will you do if someone refuses to reason?

My SOUL was put into battle again. More butterflies swarmed my SOUL, but I didn't get hit this time. Once again back to the four options. I chose [🎉ACT] and *Talk again.

*You told Timpani that you won't come to harm.

*...

*She is acting aloof.

Timpani: I cannot guarantee that the others will not want to harm you. I know for a fact that Blumiere will not let the Chaos Heart bearer run free.

More projectiles, more injuries.

LV 1: 13/20

[🎉ACT] then *Talk again.

*You told Timpani that you won't harm anyone.

*...

*She seemed to slightly ease up. No use continuing this conversation.

Timpani: But the rest will try to harm you. It doesn't matter what your relationship with them was before, they have a job to do.

More projectiles, more injuries.

LV 1: 10/20

[🎉ACT] then *Talk again.

*You told Timpani that you won't give up your will to fight.

*...

*She is ignoring you. No use continuing this conversation.

More projectiles, but I was able to dodge them. I looked through my options again. Maybe I could *SPARE her as I did for the Toad. But it's not glowing... It's my only option. I selected *SPARE.

Timpani: ...

I dodged her attacks and *SPAREd her again.

Timpani: Stop that. It won't work.

I dodged her attacks and selected *SPARE.

Timpani: I won't let you leave unless you prove you can fight back.

Her attacks seemed to slow. I used *SPARE.

Timpani: Don't you get it? They'll hurt you!

She was hardly even trying to hit me at this point. I kept using *SPARE.

Timpani: I already saw you fall once... What if you don't come back?

There was only one slow-moving projectile now. I used *SPARE once more. She broke down into tears.

Timpani: Don't you get it? I can't let you leave! If you go outside my protection, everyone shall want to kill you! It will be near impossible to get the Pure Hearts... Why not stay here, safe and sound?

...I selected [🎉ACT] and then used *Talk.

*You told Timpani that you would stay determined until you destroyed the Chaos Heart.

*...

*Timpani seemed to calm down.

Timpani: Oh, my child... I cannot choose your path for you... But I can help set you on your way.

The [❌MERCY] was glowing now. I selected it and used *SPARE. The fight ended.

Timpani: Oh, Mr.L... You're too stubborn for your own good... But if you actually DO manage to get the Pure Hearts from the others... you shall still need to confront my husband, Blumiere. He made the mistake of not destroying the Chaos Heart last time. I doubt he will SPARE you again...

I placed a hand on her shoulder.

Mr.L: Hey, I promise not to hurt him. We could probably just talk it out.

Timpani chuckled lightly as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

Timpani: Heh, Blumiere is the nicest person I know... But he has a cruel side... I just don't want anyone to get hurt again.

Mr.L: Don't worry about that! I'll stay determined! I'll shove mercy down his throat if I have to!

Timpani laughed as she got up. She took out the list from my pocket.

Timpani: Here...

She wrote some things on the back.

Timpani: There are the places of everyone on the list. Mario and Luigi are the closest and can get you to the others. 

She handed me the list back. I swept her into a hug.

Mr.L: Thanks for the help. I promise not to hurt anyone.

When I let go, she took my hands and looked me in the eyes.

Timpani: Please... be good.

Timpani let go and then ran off. I waved to her as she left. I looked down at the note and felt something behind it. I turned it over and saw the Blue Pure Heart! It looked beautiful.

Mr.L: Wow...

Dim: Well, isn't that sweet...

I hid the Pure Heart from sight and spun around. The Pixl was staring at me from another flower bed.

Dim: You didn't forget about your best friend, did ya? You think that you're SO high and mighty after SPAREing one person! Ah ha ha~! But what will you do if someone refuses to be SPAREd, hm? Will you just give up and rot? Or will you kill out of sheer frustration?

Mr.L: I-I'm not gonna hurt anyone!

Dim: Cute. But down here, IT'S KILL OR BE KILLED! I WILL get the Chaos Heart from you and I WILL have a perfect world! A world where at the mention of my name people won't run and scream!

That was an odd statement.

Dim: You'll give up eventually. And when you do... I'll be right there to steal your Heart. Ciao~!

The Pixl teleported away. I let out a breath that I seemed to be holding in. I pocketed the Blue Pure Heart and looked over the list. Timpani said that Mario and Luigi would be closest and that they could help me get to the others. It said that they were on the outskirts of Toad Town. I can get there no problem!

I started off on my adventure, in search of the Pure Hearts... and my lost memories.