Chapter 25

Chapter 25

<Gavin Forrester>

It’s been 3 days away from New York and all I’ve thought about is Victoria and the look on her face when she was telling me to move on. It was like she knew she’d already lost me. She seemed to be looking right through me, like she was seeing me but there was no recognition in her features. I guess I only have myself to blame for that. I had every intention of telling her and begging for her forgiveness but I figured she’d probably never find out and then I could just pretend it never happened. I should’ve been smarter and just told her the minute I knew I loved her. I didn’t want to hurt her and I didn’t want to lose her but now I’ve managed to do both of those things. I wish I could’ve just gotten the courage to tell her before she got in too deep.

 I look around the abandoned warehouse where I’ve been hiding out since Victoria walked out of my apartment. It’s where I store all my supplies for my assignments. There are guns, a few extra sets of clothes and some bags of well-preserved food. There’s also a beat up mattress with a blanket in case my mission had not been completed on time and I needed a place to crash far away from Talon until I could complete it. I sit up from the uncomfortable mattress and rub my eyes before remembering that tonight is Victoria’s rehearsal dinner. She probably won’t want me there but I fear what will happen if I’m not. I unlock my phone and call Blaze. He picks up on the 3rd ring.

 “Forrester, where the hell have you been?” Blaze’s tired, hung-over voice comes through the phone.

 “Not important right now…I need you to do something for me.” I say quickly as I stand up and go searching through the warehouse for the suit I’m pretty sure I left here.

 “Anything,” He mutters and then yawns loudly.

 “Victoria’s rehearsal dinner is tonight and my boss plans to murder her before she can sign her pre-nuptials. I need you and Slick to be in suits and at my apartment within an hour and a half. I’ll meet you there.” I continue to search through the warehouse until a garment bag catches my eye.

 I open it and find my suit. A smile spreads across my face as I take it out.

 “So, we’re going to protect Victoria?” He asks in a slightly excited tone.

 “Be at my apartment in an hour and a half with Slick.” I mutter and hang up.

 I get into my suit and pack up the rest of the things I brought with me. I make sure all of my weapons are locked up and hidden properly. Then I turn out the lights and lock the door properly before heading out to my Ferrari.

~~~~~ 

I pull into my parking spot and grab my bag from the backseat. I go into the elevator and when I arrive on the 3rd floor, I see Blaze and Slick in suits, standing against the wall by my apartment. I pull out my keys and walk down the hallway towards them.

 “Gavin, what exactly are we doing here?” Slick asks, which tells me that Blaze didn’t elaborate much.

I unlock my door and shove them both inside. I slam the door behind them and lock it.

 “If we don’t go to her rehearsal dinner, then my boss is going to put a bullet through her head and I just can’t have that. I love Victoria and I have to protect her, got it?” I ask in an exasperated tone.

 “We understand,” The both say simultaneously.

 “Good,” I mutter and go into my room to find the gun Talon gave me to kill her with.