Chapter 13

Chapter 13

<Gavin Forrester>

I wake up early and throw on some clothes. I grab a water bottle on my way out the door and press the down button so I can go to the garage. I have an early morning meeting with Talon this morning and by meeting, I mean I'm going to break into his office again and steal a few more files. Hopefully, he'll have one on Carter or something I could hold over his and Carter's head.

I smirk at the thought as the elevator doors open, reveling a completely empty garage which is normal since I'm convinced all of my neighbors are retirees who barely get out of the house. I walk to my parking spot and my jaw drops when I see my Ferrari. There's jagged marks running the length of it and spell out 'Jackass'.

Oh Carter, I know who's the jackass is and it definitely isn't the person who owns this car.

I look down and see my hands shaking with anger. I clench my teeth and try to figure out what I'm going to do about this situation. I refuse to let Carter win but how am I going to turn this situation around on him? I could go to the cops with my drug claims but then again dear old daddy Jacobson would save him before any words came out of my mouth. He doesn't want any of this making it to the media.

I roll my eyes and let out an exasperated breath. I decide to call Victoria and tell her about what's happened. I dial her number and sit down on the hood of my now damaged car.

"Hey, Gavin...What's up?" Victoria says in a sweet voice.

"Your satanic fiancée took his cheap little house key to my $200,000 car...Damn it, I will put him through hell for this...He'll pay for this I swear," I let out an angry breath through my nose as Victoria processes what I just told her.

"Carter keyed your car?" Victoria says in a small voice.

"No one else would carve 'jackass' into the side of my car." I state simply.

"Gavin, I'm so sorry. I'm coming over, wait there; I want to see the damage." She mutters quickly and I hear some shuffling on the other end of the phone.

"Bring Carter with you. I want to teach him what real men do to spineless rats like him." I snarl, my anger multiplying as I say his name.

"You can beat him up later. I won't be able to get out of the house if I try to bring him." Victoria chuckles. "I'm leaving now. Don't move an inch."

With that she hangs up on me and I sigh. Part of me wants to stay and the other part of me wants to throw Carter off the side of a bridge. I choose to wait and Victoria drives up a few minutes later. She wraps her arms around my neck and I hold her close as her eyes travel towards the side of my car. Her brown eyes widen as she scans over each individual letter.

"Oh. My. Gosh." She says, straining each word as she walks closer to the car.

Victoria runs her fingers over the letters, the entirety finally sinking.

"I can't believe he'd do something like this...I mean I know he's capable of it but I never thought he'd go through with anything like this." She stands up, turning to face me.

"Victoria, there's a lot you don't know about Carter and before you go through with marrying him I think it would be in your best interest to talk to him about this stuff." I place my hand on her cheek and run my thumb over it affectionately.

"Do you know anything about 'this stuff'?" Victoria asks curiously.

"I can only tell you a little bit right now..."

"Okay, I want to know." She smiles, waiting for me to continue.

"He works for the same man I work for."