Chapter 19

Chapter 19

<Gavin Forrester>

It's been 2 weeks since I saw Victoria in the hospital and told her that someone wanted her dead. She's called me every day and sent me almost 100 texts since that day alone. I've forced myself to ignore every one of them and it's driving me insane.

I want nothing more than to hear her voice but I think it's better for her if I don't hang around her as much. She went out with me and almost got stabbed to death. However, my promise of protecting her comes to mind every time my phone rings. At least her calling proves to me that she's still alive.

Talon's also been trying to contact me. Apparently, he didn't get the message when I told him I'd snap his neck in half. Sometimes I actually pick up his calls and yell at him about how I won't kill her and how if he calls again, I'll use my bullet to put him back in hell where he belongs.

It's currently 7 P.M. on a Friday which means pool night with Blaze and Slick at Magic 8. I grab my car keys and phone before exiting my apartment. I take the elevator down to the garage and walk briskly towards my Ferrari. I slip my key into the ignition, bringing the engine to life. I back out of my parking space and pull out into the crazy New York streets.

After about half an hour of infuriating driving, I arrive in front of the Magic 8 Pool Hall. I park my car and walk into the place like I own it.

"Gavin," Joe booms and starts chuckling while he scruffs up my hair.

"There's the man," I grin as I take a seat at the bar. "What do you have on tap tonight?"

"Your favorite, you picked a good night to come in..." Joe fills up a glass and slides it towards me.

I take a sip and turn around to face the pool tables. It seems to be amateur night in here tonight. There's a bunch of guys holding their pool sticks backwards and others that are just holding their girlfriends. Still again, there's guys who actually look like they've played more than one game of pool in their lifetime.

"We're going to have so much fun teaching these amateurs how to play tonight, aren't we?" Blaze chuckles as he and Slick take the seats on either side of me.

"I've been in need of some money lately." I smirk and take a sip of my beer.

"Looks like that won't be in short supply tonight." Slick replies with a small laugh.

"Where's that gorgeous girl you had with you a few weeks ago?" Blaze asks completely out of the blue.

"Please don't tell me you dumped her..." Slick says in a nervous tone.

"No, things are just complicated." I mutter and put the glass between my lips, downing the rest of the beer in an attempt to stop the conversation.

"Complicated how?" Blaze crosses his arms and gives me a humorous glance.

"Someone who's connected to me is out to murder her." I whisper so that Slick and Blaze are the only ones who can hear what I said.

"So, you're doing this to keep her safe?" Slick narrows his eyes like he doesn't completely believe me.

"Basically. I mean, I love her but this is more for her benefit then mine." I raise my glass so Joe will come and refill it. "Let's stop talking about such depressing topics. I need to beat somebody at pool before these amateurs break the pool cues in half."

I take my glass and walk over to a pool table. Blaze grabs a couple of cues and hands one to me, keeping the other for himself.

"Let's go...Loser buys the shots." I state confidently as I set up the balls in the rack.