Chapter 22

Chapter 22

<Gavin Forrester>

I wake up with a pounding in my head but I'm not at Magic 8 anymore. I'm in a completely white room with one window and nothing else in the room. I look down and see that someone has removed my flannel and thrown it in the corner. I move my hand to try and rub my temples but something stops it. I look down and see that I'm chained to the wall. I grit my teeth and use all my strength to try and rip the chains form the wall.

"It isn't going to work, Gavin."

I look up and see Talon and his guards enter the room. My anger intensifies at the sight of him and I feel the sudden urge to strangle him. He chuckles and comes near me.

"What the hell am I doing here?" I snap and stop trying to pull myself free from the wall.

"You defied me...I'm teaching you a lesson. I'm teaching you who your real master is. I own you, Gavin Forrester."

"You must have me confused with Carter because you don't own me." I snarl.

Talon should be damn grateful I'm restrained.

"Don' test that theory..." Talon glares at me and then snaps his fingers.

The guard to his left hands him a 9 millimeter and Talon puts it to the side of my head. He grabs my hair in his other hand and slams my head against the wall, holding it there.

"I want you to understand something, Gavin. In less than 3 days you will be at her rehearsal dinner whether she wants you there or not. You will bring my gun with you and you will kill her." Talon says, his tone dripping with venom.

"In front of you, Carter and her mother." I remind him, trying very hard to keep the edge out of my voice.

"Whatever will get the job done."

"That won't get the job done...I still have to pull the trigger and I'm sure, whether I make you watch or not, you'll feel no guilt." I shout, my anger taking over.

"You're right...I won't feel any guilt." Talon whispers with his eyes practically bulging out of his head.

"Talon, I made it very clear that I'm not going to kill her." I struggle against my restraints but the metal of the cuffs just digs into my skin.

Talon grips the gun tighter and locks the bullet into place.

"I don't want to do this, Gavin but you've left me no other choice." He takes in a sharp breath and for about a second I think he may actually pull the trigger.

"Why can't you just kill her yourself?" I narrow my eyes at him and wait for a response. "Why do you need me to do it? You have a whole network of operatives working for you, why do I have to kill her?"

"Because if I send any other damn operative, you'll come to her rescue and she'll live! If I want her dead then I need her savior to kill her." Talon shouts and I feel his grip on my hair loosen.

"I. Will. Not. Kill. Victoria." I say, stressing every syllable.

Talon raises his fist and it connects with my cheek. A pain blooms in that area but it's nothing compared to what I imagine the pain of losing Victoria will be like.

Talon punches me in the stomach and then a few more times in the face. My head hurts, my vision is blurry and my lip is bleeding but I'm still convinced I can take more pain if it means standing up for Victoria.

"Wow, Talon...You're so honorable to beat a man while he's down...while he's freaking chained to a wall!" I chuckle and Talon slaps me extremely hard in the face, making my nose bleed.