She had no idea why he sounded so scared but she drove to his place in no time before running up the stairs, she knocked on his apartment door as it opened almost instantly.  She was practically dragged inside by jay before the door closed behind her, "woah, what is going on?" She raised an eyebrow. Jay caught his breath back, he'd been frantically cleaning the place, "I have a kid, and she's coming home to me, like now..." he spat out. Olivia shook her head and grabbed his arms, "jay, woah, look at me. Slow down, just calm yourself..." she smiled weakly since she couldn't understand his blabbing. He took a deep breath before locking his gaze on hers, "I have a 5 month old daughter to Cassie and she's coming home today..." he spoke shakily.

Olivia's face dropped as she lead him to the couch, "you have a baby girl? When did you find out...?" She shook her head. Jay sighed out of stress, "just then, a social worker came over. I have a daughter..." he ran his hand through his hair. Olivia grabbed his hand, "hey hey hey, look at me. It's okay, it's all gonna work out. What's her name?" She smiled, it was a shock but a nice one. Jay nodded, "rue, it was Sinclair now it's halstead" he laughed a little. Olivia smiled, "rue... I love it. Have you got everything sorted? Are you needing anything before she gets here?" She smiled and squeezed his hand. Jay shrugged, "I don't think, I mean, I have no idea. How am I meant to raise a kid?" He huffed. Olivia shook her head, "jay, you're gonna be an amazing dad. And I'm gonna help you every step of the way, you're not doing this alone okay?" She smiled.

Jay smiled back, he didn't know what to do or say, he thought she'd leave him alone when he told her, "so let's take it one step at a time yeah? C'mon I'll help you finish up" she pointed to the cleaning things he'd gotten out. Jay nodded and wiped his stray tears away, "you're doing the right thing" she looked up and smiled. He smiled back as the extra set of hands really cut down on cleaning time. They looked around but before they could say anything the door received a faint knock, "I..." he shook his head. Olivia smiled, "jay don't stress, I'll get it" she nodded and walked off to answer the door. Melissa walked through the door with a baby carrier in her hands as a second woman followed suit with a duffel bag in her hands, oh my gosh...

                   Melissa smiled, "you ready?" She looked up at jay as he took a seat.  He took a deep breath before nodding, "here she is..." the older woman handed rue over to jay carefully.  The child looked up at jay with her sparkly blue eyes, "hi baby..." he cooed as she let out a small giggle or gurgling noise, he couldn't really tell which one it was.  Olivia was stood watching them with slight tears in her eyes as jay looked over at her in the same state, she just let out a shocked laugh and covered her mouth proudly.  She never thought jay would ever have a child but here he is...

                    Eventually the two social workers left and it was just jay and Olivia alone with rue, "you wanna hold her?" He smiled.  Olivia let out a small chuckle and nodded, "yeah" she nodded as jay stood up and handed rue over.  The baby eased into Olivia's care and immediately clutched onto her hand, "well aren't you a beautiful girl?" She cooed the child and walked over to the window.  Jay just watched in admiration, his partner had a way of being good with kids luckily.  Olivia rocked rue in her arms, "this is your new home, and your daddy's gonna do a really good job isn't he?" She smiled down.  Rue let out a loud noise and squealed as if she was agreeing which made jay smile, god this was perfect.  Olivia turned around and faced jay, "Mel said she'd need feeding at 2" she smiled and handed her back over.

                    At around 5pm it was still only just the trio in the apartment, "you should call Will, tell him everything" she smiled as she looked over to see rue asleep on jays chest.  Jay nodded, "yeah, I should. Here, you take over and I'll go call him" he sighed and picked his daughter up.  Olivia smiled and placed rue onto her chest as the child immediately liked how familiar the surface felt, she relaxed straight away.  Jay just smiled before walking into his room and calling Will to let him know the chaotic story.  Luckily he didn't overreact and he was really understanding of it all, he said he'd stop by after shift which was in half an hour to see his new niece.

  Will was sat on the couch holding his niece now that she was awake again while jay stood nearby, "hey, I'm gonna go grab a few things and I'll be right back okay?" Olivia squeezed his arm. Jay smiled and nodded, he didn't know what she meant by 'a few things' but he didn't question it.  Will smiled, "bro if you love her you need to tell her" he laughed.  Jay pulled a face, "Will..." he sighed.  Will laughed, "I'm just saying man, if she's gonna be a big part of rues life you obviously love her" he sighed truthfully.  Jay sighed and sat down as rue clung onto his index finger, "I'm gonna ask her to be rues custodian" he nodded.  Will smiled, "good, you could learn a few things from liv" he nodded.  Jay just nodded, just a few? God he could learn millions from her, he's super lucky to have her around.

Will unfortunately had to go home since he was back on shift at 10pm due to his double shifts but fortunately Olivia arrived back as jays place not long after he left. She walked back through the door holding two bags, "I'm back, and I have the goods" and put the bags onto the counter. In one bag was items for jay like quick snacks since he would find his time being taken up a lot and in the other bag were things for rue. She walked over to the couch and sat down with the bag as jay looked at her in confusion, "boo" she pulled out a teddy bear for rue. The baby giggled and took it happily, "there's other toys in there but she seems preoccupied already" she laughed and put the bag down on the coffee table.

Jay smiled, "you didn't have to liv" he tilted his head. Olivia took rues feet and blew raspberries on them which made rue laugh, "jay she's one of the most important girl in my life now, I'm going to spoil her rotten" she shook her head and kept her smiling eyes on rue. Jay smiled, "what'd you think about becoming her custodian? You know, if anything happens to me you'll become her parent..." he held his breath. Olivia's gaze met his, "I'm honoured you'd even ask me, of course I will" she nodded. Jay smiled back and looked down at rue who was chewing on the teddy's nose, "rue babes, you're gonna have to keep your dad busy while I go get your cot..." Olivia smirked and stood up. Jays eyes followed her, "don't look at me like that, I already had it in my cupboards" she laughed and quickly ran out to her car to get it since it was in a box. Well this was unexpected...

*plot twist Ik :)*