Another One Where She's Pregnant

Start from the beginning

But Maya could see the wheels in Riley's head turning as Maya continued to give her excuses. Maya sighed, she loved her best friend, but if she weren't careful then she would figure it out, and Maya really wanted Josh to be the first person to know. Thankfully Riley got more distracted as the night went by as she continued to tease Cory about one of the lamps that he wanted so badly that was in their house.

But Riley wasn't the only one that seemed to be suspicious. Josh had also been giving Maya looks throughout the night. He had come home from work and already some of the Matthews had shown up. Josh greeted her with a kiss, and almost as if he could read her like an open book, gave her a concerned look as she tried her best to hide that she was hiding something.

He had also pulled her aside through the night asking if she were okay and if she needed to go sit down for a few moments. Or if he needed to tell everyone to leave so that he and she could have a talk. Maya loved him for it, but it was rare when the Matthews/Hunters could all get together for a night. And she knew that Josh loved moments like these, and she wasn't about to rob him of that.

"Baby, that's the fourth time you've been to the bathroom in the last hour." Josh told her as he wrapped an arm around her and leaned in to whisper in her ear, making it look like he was just leaning in to kiss her head.

"Well that's what happens when your husband makes the best sweet tea in the world, I literally cant get enough of it." She stated as she leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. But it still didn't stop Josh from giving her his 'I know something is up and we will talk later' look.

Maya walked away to go join Katy and Topanga in the kitchen. Josh watched her walk away before he turned to face Cory and Shawn.

"Hey, Josh do you have any extra film for my camera? I didn't bring any extra. I thought I had a full role in here." Shawn said frowning down at his camera.

"Upstairs in the top drawer of my nightstand." Josh replied. Shawn just nodded his head as he turned around and walked upstairs with his camera in hand.

"This is a nice place you got here!" Cory exclaimed as he wrapped an arm around Josh's shoulder. Josh just smiled as he kept his arms folded across his chest.

"Cor, you've been a dozen times already." He stated.

"I'm just really proud of you kid, and a little envious of the fact that you have a nicer place than I did at twenty-five.

"I guess that's what happens when you wait to get married and buy a house after graduating college." Josh teased him. Cory rolled his eyes.

"Love doesn't have boundaries. I have no regrets when it comes to Topanga and I." Cory told him. "Some could even say that we were the reason you and Maya found each other." He continued. Josh raised an eyebrow. "Sometimes those acts tend to go unnoticed..."

"I'm still not giving you the lamp." Josh stated as he glanced over at the lamp that Cory had been oogling all night.

"Well that's a sucky way to say thank you." Cory grumbled. Josh laughed at him, he turned to look and see Shawn coming back down the stairs.

"Hey, did you find it?" He asked. But Shawn's face seemed to be as white as the marbled countertops that they had in their kitchen. Josh raised an eyebrow. "You alright?" He asked.

"Josh-man, I'm sorry." Shawn started out, leaving Josh confused. "I haven't been in yours and Maya's bedroom but once, and I wasn't sure which nightstand was yours-" Josh grinned.

"Let me guess, you found something that you didn't exactly want to know your step-daughter had." He laughed. Shawn just stared at him. "I don't really know what she keeps in that drawer. So I cant really help you with whatever it is you saw." Amusement was laced in his tone.