Chapter 27 (THE ALT ENDING)

Start from the beginning

"HES AWAKE- HES NOT- HES AWAKE" George spluttered, he was quickly pushed away by doctors rushing in, one raised a light into dreams eyes.

"Clay, can you hear me?" He questioned, voice hoarse and stern, George stood on his toes to try and see what was going on through the crowds, he caught a glimpse of Dream attempting to nod.

"Get the tube out- Clay this is going to be a little uncomfortable okay?"

"Prep a bag and water, we're removing the tube- he can breathe on his own now" The doctor ordered, two nurses rushed off, Jen stood by George rubbing his arm and hushing him.

"Okay, on the count of three-" the doctor ordered, they soon removed the tube and Dream spluttered and coughed, heaving a little, they offered him water and he took it quickly despite being told to slow down.

"George-" Was the first thing that left his mouth that day, and George finally broke tears from him eyes rushing through, holding and kissing him like his life depended on it.

Two months later

It'd been a few weeks since Drram was discharged, George and Sapnap had been staying with him to make sure he was looking after himself properly, Dream hated the fuss and assured them consistently he was okay, but after everyone they just wanted to support him.

That night Dream was cuddled into George's chest.

BandNotFound had since broken up, Wilbur was prosecuted for the murder of Jay. Phil decided to take Tommy back to England where Tommy was going through therapy after severe anxiety attacks and trouble sleeping, they kept in contact with George yet were slightly distant, George wasn't stupid he knew that Phil subconsciously blamed George, but then again wilbur was the one who did what he did. Tubbo had decided to stay in America, he was living with Ranboo, thankfully they were all well off due to the money they'd made from performances before everything kicked off, a lot of their songs still were played on the radio.

George however was now a solo artist, currently working on a collab with Dream after he discovered Dream had a good voice and a knack for song writing, He was currently helping Dream on a song about his struggles with Adhd called Mask. Dream was still prominent on the internet, yet was taking a well needed break, planning to return in coming months.

Sapnap had continued to stream, as well as continuing to fight the legal aspect of the prosecuting of the police officers, which was still due, the courts were under major pressure from the public, however still weren't budging, Thankfully alex had a lot of legal experience which he finally came out about just a little after the incident, he and sapnap had been constantly battling with the courts and media over the situation. Karl remained pretty neutral through it, being supportive towards everyone throughout, George was grateful for him, he was a good friend and someone he could rely on greatly.

George was thankful Dream pulled through, he himself had also began therapy, it helped a lot and he'd managed to stop self harming and was now on mild antidepressants to give that little bit more support he needed to stay on track. Dream was as bright as ever, he seemed to repress what happened a lot. choosing to stay bubbly and happy instead of dwelling on it, he was a lot more anxious in social situations and tended to struggle going shopping or out alone, so often George or Sapnap went with him.

After Dream was discharged, Drista began visiting every two weeks or so in support of her brother, her foster parents were still unaware but then again she didn't care, she just wanted to be there for her brother.

"George"

George was snapped out of his thought process, now looking down at Dream.

"Yeah?"

"I think the best decision i ever made was going to that bar with Sapnap that night."

"Really? It hasn't ended so well for you.." George frowned, threading his hand through dreams hair, Dream shrugged.

"What happened has happened, i'm just glad that i'm here with you, right here, right now. makes it all worth it yknow"

"i dont think it's worth being shot for Dream."

"George, i'd get shot again and again if it meant i could spend five minutes in your arms."

"That's kinda dumb, it's sweet though." George leant over a little kissing Dreams forehead.

"Just accept the compliment doofus."

"How is that a compliment?" George chuckled.

"I don't know, my brain works weird. It made more sense in my head."

"Well, for what it's worth, i love you Dream, i love you and your weird brain."

"I love you too George."

"Gay"

"Did you just-" Dream held back a wheeze

"Yeah, i did. You're being gay."

"I take it all back, i hate you so much." Dream shook his head

"The feelings mutual baby."

"Sure it is." Dream smirked, sitting up and bringing a kiss to George's lips.

you are, home