Chapter 27 (THE ALT ENDING)

(This continues from the aftermath of chapter 26 so this is technically chapter 27)

"It's not likely he'll wake George, i have to be honest with you at this point" Jen frowned taking down Dreams vitals, George was sat on a soft blue chair, his signature guitar in hands.

"Is it wrong to hope? Hope he'll get out of it?" George glanced down to the floor, his eyes would've filled with tears by now if it as physically possible, however countless days of crying just lead to exhaustion.

"No, hope is normal. I need to go mark up over patients, just buzz if you need okay?"

"mhm" George nodded, tapping his fingers against the acoustic guitar.

Jen sighed, leaving the room, leaving just George with Dream.

He watched the monitors, listening to the beeps.

"I wrote you a song." He mumbled, "i know you can't hear me, i think- i don't know- i just, yeah i finished it. I was going to wait until you woke up- but they don't think you're going to wake" He lifted the guitar, tuning it slightly.

"This is so dumb" He huffed, exhaling deeply wish a harsh blink, he looked back up to Dream, the tubes down his throat and multiplied things inserted into his arms and chest. It caused him to shiver, he hated the sight. At least the bandage around his wound had stopped redeeming, that was a good sign at least.

[ Clocks - Coldplay]

"Lights go on and i can't be saved, tides that i tried to swim against." He sung, strumming the chords and trying to get lost in the song, it was hard to do so considering the atmosphere.

"Have brought me down upon my knees
Oh, I beg, I beg and plead
Singin' come out of things un said
Shoot an apple off my head
And a trouble that can't be named
A tiger's waiting to be tamed, singing" He continued, getting more lost in the song as he went on, his eyes burning as they craved tears, yet they simply couldn't form, his throat aches and his hands trembled causing him to mess up a little every now and then.

"you are, you are" he drew it out, keeping his eyes back on dream.

"Confusion that never stops
Closing walls and ticking clocks
Gonna come back and take you home
I could not stop that you now know
Singin' come out upon my seas
Cursed missed opportunities
Am I a part of the cure
Or am I part of the disease? Singin'"

"you are , you are."

He let a shakey breath out as he continued, he noticed a slight shift on the monitors but brushed it off, getting his hopes up now was the worst thing he could do.

"And nothing else compares
Oh, no, nothing else compares
And nothing else compares
You are
You are
Home, home, where I wanted to go"

"you are, home."

Once again the monitor shifted, an increase in his heart rate, George put the guitar down, standing and narrowing his eyes on dream.

"Dream?" He hesitantly reached out, grabbing his hand.

It was warm.

"Dream?" He questioned again, feeling a grip returned on his hand.

"oh my god- oh fuck- oh-" He let out a string of confused curses, he watched as Dreams eyes slowly flickered open, he looked scared- confused.

"Sh- it's okay- baby just wait a second-" He hushed, profusely pressing the doctor alert button, soon enough Jen and another doctor rushed in.

"George- what's going on?"