[19]

His shoes scratched against the ground below, the sound of the sea dancing up the sand before rushing back. The gentle calls of gulls and the blow of the wind intertwined into a soft melody.

Dream found himself sitting, the damp sand soaking into his sweats, yet he dismissed it. The feeling was uncomfortable yet he was too mesmerised by the imagery before him.

He let out a breath watching as the sky filled with deep purples and pinks, a gentle gold rising with it.

His hair was flowing loosely, ticking against the back of his neck every so often. As the cold wind brushed past his ears.

He counted repeatedly from 1-4 keeping his cool.

He closed his eyes clutching the necklace around his neck taking him back to a time he wanted to forget.

-
March 12th 2019

"So what's this then clay? care to explain" His dad shoved his shoulder, he froze. His dad held up a photo of Clay and a boy, they were obviously involved romantically
"Nothing to say? As per fucking usual with you!" His dad shoved him again, he winced as he hit the ground.

He began counting under his breath as he closed his eyes

one
two
three
four
one
two
three
four
one
two
thr-

"Again? Seriously? The fuck is wrong with you! Always with the-" His dad kicked his stomach with a harsh blow causing dream to choke, he continued to count, a more face paced anxious timing now.
"-Fucking counting!" His dad continued kicking him again

"Andrew- What the hell are you doing!" His mother gasped walking into the room pulling him away
"He's pissing me off Julia! It's non-fucking stop with him- and to add on he's a fucking fag!" He shoved the photo in dreams mother's face

She took it and frowned looking down at her now bleeding son who continued to count and shake clutching at his ears.

"Get out of my house" His mother said
"Yeah- even your mother agrees with me clay, Eighteen fucking years old and you're still doing this-" he paused "SHIT"
"Not him andrew, you, get the hell out i won't ask you again"
"you're siding with him again?"
"Of course i'm siding with him! You're beating the life out of our son because of a disability he can't help and because he loves another man? Shame on you!"
"Don't come crawling back julia" his dad left the house with a slam of the door as his mother hushed and cradled him.

-

George walked into the living room half expecting to see dream, however it was just sapnap. Lazing across the couch watching the television.

"Oh, hey" He smiled turning to greet george
"hi" george sat himself down biting his inner cheek
"Is clay up yet?" Sapnap yawned
"No- i thought he was out here.."
"He's not here?"
"I assumed he was in the living room with you?"
"He must've left in the night" Sapnap took his phone out, he called dream, he was shocked when it went straight to answer phone.
"Do you think he's okay?" george now seemed panicked
"I'm sure he's fine, sometimes he does this to cool down"
"oh, so this is normal?"
"somewhat- he hasn't done this in atleast six months"
"when did he do it last?"
"i probably shouldn't say anything but-" he sighed "it was when his mom passed away, she was so cool. She'd come over all the time and help around the house, she made a killer steak too. She was pretty healthy so it was sudden" Sapnap frowned
"I didn't know- i'm sorry"
"Don't be, he was pretty down for a while because his sister got put into care. He hasn't seen her since"
"He deals with all of that on his own?" George frowned
Sapnap nodded, "he hasn't brought it up since the week it happened, the whole conversation just gets him really down so i tend to avoid bringing up family to him"
"what about his dad"
"Just a warning george, never ever bring up his dad"
"why?"
"that isn't my place to say, just don't bring it up to him, ever. If he wants to tell you that's down to him."
"do you think he's okay?"
"yeah he-" Sapnap was interrupted by a knock at the door

He jumped up and opened it, two police officers stood looking into the house. "Is this the residence of Mr Clay WasTaken?" One asked

Sapnap looked back to george then back at the officers.

He nodded.

Approbation जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें