Chapter 11 - The Past Is Not Always Just The Past

Começar do início

"You're still not over it, are you?" 

"Nope!" I let out a sigh and turned to look at him. "Thanks, Lucas, for tonight. I had a lot of fun laughing at you and also dancing with you." I smiled at him. 

"Me too. Well, not laughing at me though." He stuck out his tongue at me. I laughed again and stopped immediately when I saw Lucas lean forward. He was looking at my lips. I started to panic. I immediately turned to look away and wait till the kiss comes, but it never did. I turned to look at Lucas and he had a sad expression on his face. I felt guilty.

"I'm sorry, Lucas. I didn't mean to tu-"

"It's not your fault. I guess that's the answer to the question I was gonna ask you if you really kissed me."

I felt curiosity build up in me. "What question?"

"I was gonna ask you to be my girlfriend, but it's alright. But Cheryl, do you like someone else?" I was about to say "No", but he continued, "If you don't it means you never liked me before. But if you do, there's a possibility that you like me, but I'm not at the top of your list."

"I'm so sorry, Lucas. I don't wanna believe that there's someone on top of you though, because I never liked anyone else. I like you, that's it."

"That cannot be true. Because by your reaction when I was about to kiss you, you were hesitating. If you really like me, you wouldn't have done that. But whatever that matters, that guy who's on top of me is truly lucky to be on top of your list." He said, before continuing, "It's alright, Cheryl. But, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, tell me." He said with a wink. 

I nodded at him and thought about what he said for awhile. When I realized the car was in total silence, I decided to speak up.

"Thank you, Lucas. I will try to find that someone, and the first person I would tell would be you. Bye! Goodnight too!" I said, before kissing him on the cheek and waving goodbye again while opening the car door. He waved back before driving away. I walked into my apartment and smiled at the security guard before  going towards the lift and clicking the 'up' button. I walked in once the doors opened, and started thinking.

What does Lucas mean by there's someone that I like more than him? I don't believe there is, actually... But I'm sure that I like Lucas though, so it can't be that I don't like him, right? Or maybe it's because I never liked him? No, it can't be. So that means, there's a guy I like more than Lucas... Could the guy on top of Lucas be... Reece? It can't be, right? That's when I realized I have been stuck in the lift for almost 3 minutes. I started to click on the alarm button. 

Then a voice started talking, "Are you stuck in the lift?" 

"I think..." I said. 

"Ma'am, please check your surrounding if there's anything wrong." I checked my surrounding and when I was about to reply, that was when I realized I forgot to press the floor button. I immediately kept quite and clicked on floor "14". 

"Ma'am? Are you alright?" 

I kept my mouth shut. "Ma'am? You there?" I still kept quite. When the doors opened, I ran out of the lift and took out my keys from my purse and unlocked the door to my room. I walked in and closed the door before walking towards my bed and jumping on it.

"On top of Lucas... On top of Lucas... Who are you?" I said to no one.

I closed my eyelids, and was about to fall into my own world, when the door opened. I opened my eyes and saw Zone staring at me. 

"What?" I asked him, while sitting up.

"Nothing." He said turning towards the closet and putting his things inside. He smiled at me before walking into the bathroom leaving me there, curious.

I wanted to change but I don't want the same thing like last time to happen again when Zone saw me changing in the living room, so I took my clothes, and went into the kitchen before locking the door and started changing. After I was done, I walked out and found Zone sprawled on his bed looking up at the ceiling. I jumped onto my bed and looked up too. 

There was total silence, until Zone asked me a question. "Cheryl, do you remember the first time we met?" 

"Yes, at school, right?" I answered, remembering when I first saw him. It was when I walked into the school doors, and he was there staring at me. I raised my eyebrow at him and he just smirked. So, I walked away.

"No... It wasn't. It was when we were in a shopping mall, and I knocked into you. You got mad, took off your slippers and threw them at me. Remember?" He said sitting up and furrowing his eyebrows.

"I don't, sorry. Probably it's a different girl, you know?" I smiled.

"I guess so..." He said, his eyebrows still furrowed, like he's not convinced. He lied down again. 

After a few seconds, he sat up again. "Is there a possibility that you maybe............ Nevermind. That's not possible." He said to himself. 

I turned to look at him and he looked like he was in deep thought. 

Zone's P.O.V

Why doesn't she remember that day. I am a hundred percent sure it was her. Brown curls, big brown eyes. It can't not be her. Maybe she just forgot. But I remember her saying, 

"I'm Cheryl, and obviously, you were the one who knocked me, Zoney." She said, emphasizing my name. 

And the time she thought was the first time we met, was actually a long time after we met. That’s weird. I wanted to ask her more, but when I turned to look at her, she was already asleep. I stared at her face. She looked like she was having an awesome dream. I wonder what it is. I looked at the calendar on the wall to check on what date is the last day of high school. I scanned the calendar and what surprised me was the big circled ‘24’ of May. What date could it be? I looked at the small note written under it.

Happy Birthday To The One And Only... CHERYL LESTERR!
- Kim -

I thought so. Cheryl would never write her own birthday down. I wonder why did Kim write it down on Cheryl’s calendar. There must be a reason. Now, talking about Cheryl’s birthday, I feel like getting her a present for her birthday. Today is... the 21st of May, so I have three days left to buy her a birthday present. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : I know this is short, but I’ve been really disappointed in myself at the votes I’m getting and also the comments for the last chapter, so if you guys are reading this, can you kindly go to the previous chapter and vote, if you haven’t vote yet. And also, please vote for this chapter too :) And do write a comment if you don’t feel like voting :)

Now, do you guys feel suspicious of the first time Zone and Cheryl (Chone?) met? If you do, try and guess what is behind all this forgetting and remembering at the comments below :3 Heheh! Once again, please vote, comment! You can also fan me (I hope you do!) if you like :D

xx C.Alexsandra