I - 'Could this day literally get any worse?'

Hey guys! How are you all doing? Here's the first chapter for you! 

--- 

-----

I - 'I'm Not Here For Trouble'

I strode up to him, determined as ever to give this ass of a guy some of his own medicine.

"One hell of a nerve you have showing up back here!"

I was furious, he had no right. When he decided to leave he didn't look back, at all, and now what? He wants back in? No way. He lost it all when he left and I wasn't about to give him any special privileges either. Jabbing him in the chest I continued.

"What kind of idiotic person leaves their family behind! Their friends! Do you know how many times your parents went out to look for you? How many times they visited the station just in case they'd turned up with any new leads on where you'd gone? No!"

I continued, accusation after accusation. I was so angry it wasn't even funny, I was seeing red, my hands trembling. I felt like I was out of my body but I knew I wasn't. If I wasn't so hyped up at at the moment I swear I would've laughed at the entire situation. Two years ago no one would have thought I, invisible and shy Sienna Welsh, would have been shouting at the top of my lungs at the school's most infamous bad boy. No one. But this was my territory now and I was going to make sure that he wasn't welcome.  

I felt something grab at my arms but I hardly recognised it, I shrugged it away.

"And how about Ruby? Ruby was in hospital at the time and you didn't care at all, you just left her! Ruby was hooked up on wires and you just thought that that was the perfect time to leave her, didn't you! You inconsiderate basta--"

"I have heard just enough of you Miss Welsh!" A booming and authoritice voice cut me off as it hollered my name, alerting everyone, myself specifically, that my altercation here with Mr Phillip was over.

I shut my eyes in annoyance. I hadn't finished with James yet, not even close. Of course, it was the one and only Mr Johnson, always available to get me in trouble. He seemed to like doing that. I turned around and faced him, chin up high.

"The fun here is over. I will see you in my office after school. Do not waste my time either by being late." Even when he didn't shout, it sounded like he was.

"Yes, sir." Whatever. It wasn't until he walked away that I realised just how many other people had been watching. As I turned to stare at each face they immediately ducked their heads. That was better.

"Sienna, let's go. You've done enough."

Her hands were gripping my arms, tugging me away. Ruby; so that's what had been grabbing me before. I could tell that Ruby was pleading with me, she didn't want to talk to him, she just wanted out. I even noticed that she wasn't looking at her brother directly in the face. I obviously hadn't had enough but I understood why she wanted to go. She obviously had.

"Okay."

Linking arms with hers we walked away. It wasn't until I got home that I realised that he hadn't said a word back when I'd confronted him. Totally not James Phillip behaviour, but who was I really to even say that? I guess I hardly even knew the guy.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Later that afternoon...

Back at home in my comfy bed, I tried, and failed to forget about today's events. I'd left school after grudgingly visiting Mr Gallows' office.

It wasn't different than any other time except for the fact that I hadn't been hauled in for questioning on my behaviour or lack of enthusiasm in attending class, or 'disturbances relating to personal space with the opposite gender'. His words not mine.

No, this time had been about James, and I didn't go about my usual phrase routine, nodding and repeating the same things of "Yes sir", "No, I won't sir.", "Never again, sir". No, I'd been so angry I'd shouted back at him and insulted him for interrupting my business. For that I was issued a month in detention and was warned a suspension was on its way if I didn't watch myself.

I left fuming straight after that. It wasn't fair, I didn't even punch the guy.

Picking up the can of coke on my bedside table, I drank it... And was startled when my phone rang.

"Ah crap." My drink had spilt all over my shirt and covers. Could this day literally get any worse?

Standing up from the liquid mess, I grabbed the can of coke whilst answering the phone. I was so not looking forward to sleeping in a bed full of ants tonight.

"Sienna! Get your hot ass ready. We're going out tonight!"

Weird. Usually I was the one that had to drag her to parties when she was feeling down. She was never optimistic in those moods. I knew that's how she felt because her frickin' brother just came back to town. He must be affecting her a whole lot more than I thought.

"Rubes... Are you sure? I mean, what about James?"

"Forget about him! And what better way to forget than to get smashed at this party?"

I was worried, this was a little strange of her. She'd always had the crazy ideas, even before I went all dark side but this would never be hers. Once in a bad mood, she had to sleep it off. She did have a point however, this would take our minds off of things.

"Your silence is killing me! God, it's a Cooper party!"

Oh, did she know me well. I was all for that, Cooper parties trumped them all.

"Hey, I was only looking out for your own health, you never go at times like this. I pretty much have to drag you out of bed!"

I heard laughter on the other end.

"You do not! My bed is just more frien--"

I cut her off just to annoy her.

"But if you insist. What time can you pick me up?"

--- 

------

So.. What did you think?  

James hasn't said a thing and you don't even know what he looks like! Don't worry, I did that on purpose for you guys to guess. :P 

Now party, party, party! I had to lift the mood, it was getting a tad depressing.  

Thoughts and comments are appreciated! 

xx