Chapter 17: A Long Ride

The Ardonians and Spartans were cleaning up the mess they made in the control room while guarding the room from any Covenant interference with their operations. Bralia and Ligo heaved a Jackal's body to the side and dropped it.

Bralia: "Do you think this is what it was like when the Ardonian Resistance stormed Darkmount?"

Ligo: "Similar, but not completely the same. I know they stormed the place like we did, but they used portal magic from Malin Sendaris to get in faster. And they blew it to kingdom come as soon as they were done. And they liberated Ardonians from Droug indoctrination. But other than that and the fact they were fighting Drougs and not Covenant, yeah, it was pretty much the same."

A couple Pelicans flew by the windshield, heading towards the facility to pick up supplies. The idea to plant a bomb on the Corvette and detonate it when it was close enough to the carrier was conceived, hopefully strong enough to blast through its shield and break the weak point on the ship. However, the ride would be long with the current state of the engines, so additional supplies would be needed for the trip.

Bralia: "Do you...do you think they're still thinking about us in Ardonia?

Ligo: "Easy."

He took Cognos off his back and started to use it. His relic glowed as he had his eyes closed, concentrating. Cognos was able to let him see a flurry of visions of what it was like back home. The visions ceased, and Bralia stood before Ligo with her arms crossed.

Bralia: "Must you do that every time someone asks you a question?"

Ligo chuckled and held his staff upright.

Ligo: "Only when it's an inquiry that can be factually proven."

Bralia gave him a lighthearted grin.

Ligo: "Anyway, they are still thinking about us, especially our friends and loved ones. Although a considerable amount of people think we're a lost cause with no chance of returning."

Bralia: "Will we return, Ligo?"

Ligo: "You know I can't predict the future, Bralia."

Bralia: "Do you think we will?"

Ligo: "I have hopes that we will, but it is impossible to know for certain."

Bralia: "I know, I know. I just miss the other Primesingers, the Heart, Nestoria, and other Ardonians in general."

Ligo: "So do I...so do I."

Magmar, Julia, and Arthur were on the other side of the room, observing the strange Covenant symbols on the consoles.

Julia: "I miss Ardonia..."

Arthur: "We all do. I used to hate all the sand of Cydonia. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating. And it gets everywhere. But now, I really just wanna throw myself into a dune as soon as I get back."

Julia: "First thing I'm gonna do is get on one of Hydraphel's clipper ships and sail the ocean blue."

Magmar: "I thought Felinas didn't like water."

Julia: "I'm not gonna go diving off the boat. And Hydraphel's ships are super strong, so it'll never sink. Just feeling the wind in my hair and seeing the dolphins jump alongside the ship is so...therapeutic. We should all do that when we get back!"

Magmar: "Do as you like, but I'm not going anywhere near any kind of ship for a long time. I just want to feel the rock of K'arthen under my feet and watch the volcanoes erupt."