"Who would like to take ah Mr. Epstein down for a CT?" Derek asks.

Only Izzie puts her hand up very eagerly.

"Stevens it is."

•.•.•

Bailey, Evi, Cristina, Meredith and Alex are walking down a hospital hallway.

"Grey, Karev, Jensen cover the pit. You can expect all sorts of holiday idiocy so that is my gift to you. Yang..." Bailey says.

Burke who walks down the hallway up to Bailey and the interns, interrupts.

"Dr. Bailey, UNOS just called. They have a donor heart for a patient of mine." He says.

Cristina, Alex and Meredith jump at this.

"I'm free. I'm totally free right." Cristina says.

"I can totally do this." Alex says.

"I'm free." Meredith says.

"I'm available." Alex says.

Bailey gives Alex and Meredith scolding looks.

"No you're not! You're covering the pit." She turns to Cristina and Evi.

"Yang, it's yours." She says.

"Thank you." Cristina and Evi both say .

"Pit!" Bailey scolds the other two.

•.•.•

Alex, Meredith and Evi are in the pit. An ambulance officer pulls down a man lying on a gurney.

"Male. 44. Had a gastric by-pass. 3 weeks post-op. Reported extreme pain when we found him. Said something about fruitcake." The paramedic says. Evi checks the patient.

"Must've torn his abdomen wide open." She says. She turns back to Meredith and Alex. "You're going to have to fight me for this one." She says.

"He's all yours. My parting gift." Alex says.

Evi and Meredith watch him walk away.

•.•.•

Meredith and Evi enter the Scrubs room adjacent to an O.R. Bailey and George are in there preparing for Nadia's surgery.

"Dr. Bailey, gastric perforation just came in." Evi says.

"Damn." She says. George has look that says this can't be happening. "Uh, um alright." She pats George. "Take Mrs. Shelton back to her room."

"Seriously?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding? Tell her we'll get to her this afternoon." George heads into the O.R annoyed. "Jensen, Grey call the E.R, tell them to send him up and then scrub in." Evi nods and moves to call the ER.

"Ah, Alex Karev failed his boards and he's re-taking them tomorrow. He can't study for a practical by himself. If he fails again he's out." Meredith says.

"Ok, go." Bailey says.

•.•.•

Bailey, Evi and George are in the OR, operating on the gastric perforation guy.

"Wow, that's all you can save of his stomach?" Evi asks.

"Yup. Eating is what this man lives for. We should put him out of his misery." Bailey says.

"Paging, Dr. Karevian." George says. Everybody in the OR laughs except Bailey and Evi.

"What did you just say?" Bailey asks.