1.2

TRIGGER WARNING: RAPE

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•

"Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Izzie asks Meredith as they all stand around her.

"I do want roommates, we're together a hundred hours a week, you want to live together too?" She responds.

"No. Ooh, you're bringing bribes now?" Cristina asks after noticing an extra coffee Meredith has in her hand.

"I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there." George adds.

"It's not a bribe, I don't think it's a good idea."

"But I can put down last, first and deposit." George insists.

"It's totally a bribe." Evi says.

"I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner." Izzie bids.

"No. I just want three total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, and it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte."

"I clean, cook, and I'm very quiet." Evi says as they start walking towards Bailey.

Meredith gives her a look and continues on to Bailey.

"George, you're running the code team, Meredith and Evi, take the trauma patients, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Izzie, you're on sutures." Bailey lists off.

"Dr Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" Meredith says.

"If she gets to cut, I want to cut too." Cristina adds.

"Yeah, me too." Izzie chimes in.

"Me three." Evi raises her hand.

"I wouldn't mind another shot, I mean if everybody else is-" George gets cut off by Bailey.

"Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the Pit, doing the sutures." She says while taking the mocha latte from Meredith's hand.

"No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins." She finishes as she moves up the stairs.

"Mocha latte my ass." Cristina mumbles to Meredith.

"Why're y'all standing there? Move!" She urges the interns when she turns back and still sees them at the bottom of the stairs.

They all scurry away in different directions, Meredith and Evi moving towards the elevator, where Derek was waiting.

"Seattle has ferry boats." He says looking between the two girls.

"Yes." Meredith answers.

"I didn't know that. I've been living here six weeks, I didn't know there were ferry boats."

"Seattle is surrounded by water on three sides." Evi inputs.

"Hence the ferry boats." He replies as the elevator arrives.

"Now I have to like it here. I wasn't planning on liking it here. I'm from New York. Genetically engineered to dislike everywhere, except Manhattan. I have a thing for ferry boats." He says once they enter the elevator.