Through the Sleepless Night

En başından başla

"He made me promise not to." Scott defends "We can find him by scent. If he was sleepwalking he couldn't have gone far, right?"

"You guys didn't notice his jeep is gone, did you?" Aiden deadpans.

"You promise you wouldn't call his dad," Lydia pulls out her phone "I didn't."

"Lydia hold on," Scott pleads "I can get more help. I can call Derek, Allison--"

"Everyone except the cops. Great idea!" Lydia interrupts.

"You guys remember she only gets these feeling when someone's about to die, right?" Aiden shouts, insensitively.

"Scott, please." I whisper, trying to choke back tears.

"You don't have to call his dad." Scott starts "It's five minutes to the station."

"We'll catch up." Lydia assures us.

Scott starts to leave, but hesitates when he hears those words "What? Why?"

"There's something here." Lydia explains.

"Yeah," Isaac agrees "Evidence of total insanity."

I shoot him a glare, and he holds up both his hands in defense.

"We can figure out what's wrong with him after we find a way to keep him from freezing to death." Scott announces.

"Go." Lydia urges "We'll be right behind you."

***

"If his jeep is gone, that's where we start." Sheriff orders with watering eyes. "Parrish, let's get an APB out on a blue 1980 CJ-5 Jeep. Cordova, I want a list of any kind of industrial basement or sub-level of any building that he could have gotten into while sleepwalking. It's the coldest night of the year so far. So if he's out there barefoot in just a T-shirt, he could already be hypothermic. Let's move fast. Let's think fast. The three of you, come with me."

He walks us into his office and swiftly shuts the door as soon as we all squeeze in "Okay. Is there anything you need to tell me that I can't tell anyone out there?"

"Lydia knew she was missing." Scott explains.

"Can she help find him?"

"Well, she's working on it." I say.

"Anything else?" Sheriff asks.

"I called Derek and Allison for help." Scott answers.

"Can you find him by scent?"

There's a knock on the door before one of the Sheriff's deputies walks in "We got it, sir. We found the jeep."

***

Luckily for me, I was able to get a ride with Stiles' dad this time. It was about a million more times awkward, but we're both so nervous, it doesn't matter. It's also a million times more safe, so I appreciate Sheriff Stilinski giving me one less thing to worry about.

We run to the jeep as soon as we see it, but there's no one inside of it. The sheriff opens the door anyways, and inspects the piece of evidence "It's dead. He must have left the lights on."

"Why would he come here?" Scott wonders. Of all places, the hospital doesn't seem like the farthest reach to me.

"Let's find out." Sheriff leads us inside.

"Security's doing sweeps of every floor." My mom meets us at the door "Nothing yet."

"What about the basement?"