You Drive Me Crazy Half the Time

Stiles

"Wait a minute, wait a minute," I chase after my dad, in search of more information. "The William Barrow? The Shrapnel Bomber? Spotted near by?"

"A little closer than nearby, actually." He admits with a grimace and my stomach starts to squeeze impulsively.

I look up to see Agent McCall speed walking past us, talking about locking down the whole school. That's when I know this is serious.

"Dad what's really going on here?" I ask.

He looks at me, sighs, and explains everything.

***

"Barrow went after kids with glowing eyes?" Isaac asks me after I told him and Allison all about the psycho killer running around. "He said those exact words?"

"Yeah," I admit "And no one knows how he woke up from anesthesia. Just that when they opened him up, they found a tumor full of live flies, which in any other circumstances would be all kinds of awesome."

"Did you say flies?" Lydia's voice appears behind us, casually giving me a heart attack, but I'm too prideful to reveal that.

"Lydia?" Allison prompts.

"All day I have been hearing this sound." She groans. "It's like this buzzing."

"Like the sound of flies?"

"Exactly like the sound of flies." Lydia confirms. It just keeps getting better and better.

I shake my head, letting go of my hopes for a normal day. "I need to go," I run up the stairs to find Scott.

It doesn't take me long to find my best friend. "Hey, dude where the hell have you been?" I shout once I spot him.

"The police are leaving," Lydia chimes, once again, catching me off guard. "Why are they leaving?"

"This police?" Scott questions cluelessly.

"The must have cleared the buildings and grounds," I explain to Lydia. "Which means he's not here."

"Who? What are you guys—" Scott starts.

"He has to be here," Lydia interrupts. "That sound. That buzzing I've been hearing? It' s getting louder."

"How loud?" I ask, not really wanting to know the answer.

***

"Dad? Dad!" I chase him down the stairs. "You can't leave yet!"

"We've got an eye witness that puts Barrow by the train station," He explains.

"Let's go, Stilinski." Agent McCall shouts. Man, I cannot stand that guy. Who knew Bella and Scott could come from such a pretentious asshole?

"Woah, woah," I speed up, a sense of urgency ticking at me like a clock. "Dad, please just— Lydia said that he's still here."

This catches his attention "Did she see him?"

"Not exactly. No," I start "Well, not at all actually. But she has a feeling. A supernatural feeling."

He looks around confused "Lydia wasn't on the chessboard!"

"She is now."

"Kanima?"

"Um, Banshee." I tell him.

"God, really?"

"I know" I provide a fake, dry laugh. "I know how it sounds. Basically it means that she can sense when someone's close to death."