I'll Be Right Here on the Ground*

Lydia hits my shoulders a few times before I wake up. My back hurts, but that's to be expected when you sleep on the cold, hard floor of a veterinarian's office.

"What? Are they back yet?" It's been hours. Deaton finally convinced me that I needed to go to sleep. I didn't think they'd be out this long. I thought it was so only supposed to be for a few seconds. There's part of me that thinks it's too late— that our parents are already gone— but I try to ignore it.

"No," Lydia sighs "But they're starting to move. I think it might happen, soon"

I shoot up and join Deaton and Lydia in watching them. I hate seeing their cold, lifeless bodies. After these past few days, I've seen enough of the people I love dead for a lifetime. I know they're coming back, Deaton promised, but it's still terrifying.

After what must be 20 minutes, they start to emerge from the water. Oh thank God. I was beginning to think that they'd never wake up. A fifty pound weight feels like it's being lifted from my back.

"I saw it!" Scott yells "I know where it is."

"We passed it—" Stiles explains. There's this stump, this huge tree. Well it's not huge anymore, it was cut down, but it's still big though. Very big."

"It was the night we were looking for the body," Scott says.

"Yeah, the same night you got bit by Peter," Stiles adds.

"I was there too," Allison admits "In the car with my mother. We almost hit someone,"

"It was me," Scott realizes "You almost hit me. We can find it,"

I don't think they realize how long they were out. The tension in the room tells me I'm not the only one who thinks that they took too long.

"What?" Allison notices the weary looks on our faces.

"You guys were out a long time." Isaac narrates what we've all been thinking.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles asks.

I didn't keep an exact time, but way longer than they should've been. Long enough for a lot to have changed.

"16 hours." Deaton states.

"We've been in the water for 16 hours?" Scott panics.

"And the full moon rises in four."

***

"No dude, you are not going back with them!" Stiles scorns.

"I made a deal with Deucalion." Scott explains.

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like deal with the devil?"

"He's right, Scott." I agree with Stiles "I don't know a lot, but from what I've heard that guy isn't really trust worthy."

"What does it matter anyways?" Isaac chimes.

"Because," Scott explains "I still don't think we can beat Jennifer without their help."

"He trusts you more than anyone," Allison turns to Deaton "Tell him he's wrong."

"I'm not so sure he is," Deaton admits."Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align yourself with people you'd normally consider enemies."

"So we're gonna trust him?" Isaac questions "The guy who calls himself death, destroyer of worlds? We're going to trust that guy?"

"I wouldn't trust him, no. But you could use him to your advantage." He explains "Deucalion my be the enemy, but he could also be the bait."