(17) Trust is gained...

AU: RaccoonInnit, protectiveinnit

Information: raccoon hybrids are protective over family... which also made it much worse that Tommy had trust issues. Tommy was adopted and it took a long time to accept them. Ranboo has just been adopted into the family... he was found abandoned in the woods by his parents.

Family: Philza, Technoblade, Wilbur, Ranboo.

Trigger warnings: blood, explosion, injury.

[][]{}[][]

He had came into their lives so quickly... and it pissed Tommy off. He understood the fact it wasn't his choice but being a raccoon hybrid, he was protective over his family. It was hard to trust. Hell, it took three years for him to trust Phil, Techno, and Wilbur fully.

Ranboo was warned about Tommy's protective tendencies the moment he came into the family. Yet the older teen attempted to get to know the raccoon hybrid. Each time failing as Tommy either growled and snarled at him or full on tackled the taller.

Tommy picked at his food, he listened to the family talk. Ranboo was silently sitting by Techno, being closer to him than any other family member. The raccoon hybrid sighed slightly before pushing his plate forward. "I'm going mining..." Tommy managed out as he started to walk away.

"Toms," Phil called out making Tommy turn to look at him. "Can you take Ranboo with you?" The part enderman hybrid tensed and stared at Phil with a worried glance. Tommy growled slightly but knew Phil had his reasons. He needed to at least agree to him... it was safer as Ranboo wouldn't be around his family.

"Fine," Tommy glared to the taller teen. "Get the fuck ready." He quickly left the room with his knuckles white. Tech is eyes followed him as he sighed slightly annoyed.

"Was that a good idea dad? You know of his trust issues," techno stated as Phil glanced at the two.

"I do," Phil hummed, "but I have a bad feeling about this trip. I'm sorry to bring you into this Ranboo," Phil apologized.

"No, it's find Mr.Minecraft, I can try and make sure he's okay. I should get ready," the teen excused himself as he pushed the plate forward.

[][]{}[][]

The two traveled, neither spoke as they gathered ores. Tommy was slowly seething at the taller teen... he wanted to do this alone yet Phil knew what he was doing. He wouldn't suggest something like this useless he had that feeling... the feeling of something going deadly.

As Tommy reached the corner, he noticed Ranboo had stopped to grab some coal. He turned away and walked a bit ahead knowing he couldn't lose this hybrid without Phil being angry with him.

He felt his breathing hitch as his foot slipped slightly, yet he caught himself and planted his feet on the stone. He put a torch over the drop to see a rather large ravine below him. A large pool of lava stretch across some of the ravines ground. Water was coming from somewhere in the ceiling, falling down making the lava turn to obsidian. There was a patch of stone below this drop he almost fell down.

Tommy was about to take out some blocks to travel across the ravine but a shout caught his attention. "TOMMY! LOOK OUT!" The teen hear that, filled with worry and fear Tommy didn't understand why Ranboo had it. He turned to look at him but was flung backwards into the ravine. His ears rung as his vision was blurred. A figure jumped after him and managed to catch him mid air. Tommy blacked out when the air stopped being felt on his exposed skin. He was so certain he was gonna die... if he wasn't already.

[]{}[]

Tommy's eyes opened, a groan passing his lips as he saw half darkness. Something covered one of his eyes strangely. He glanced around, noticing he was in a closed off part of a cave. Ranboo was leaned up against a wall, clearly sleeping with blood on his clothing. It was clearly not his own as Tommy glanced down. Bandages were wrapped around his chest, arms, and eye.