Indeed, it's already attached to him. What he did know was, attached to him from long ago.

——

"Ju, are you free?"

Mint looked up from its food and saw Jisung was talking to his phone.

"I need help with some questions," the blonde said. "Eh, no need to come. I'll just talk."

After a moment he sighed, "Alright, if that doesn't bother you."

He ended the call and went to the kitchen to prepare some snacks for the friend. He didn't bother to greet the cat like he usually do everytime when they crossed path. The whole day he just faced the books and numbers, stressing him out.

"Meow." Mint rubbed its head in Jisung's leg.

He glanced to it for a second. "Yes, Mint?"

It closed its eyes and kept rubbing against Jisung's leg. To his disappointment the guy continued to prepare the snacks and brought them to the front.

(imma stick with calling the cat as "he/him" la cz using 'it' is kinda awkward)

Bored, Mint went into one of the rooms. The room where Minho's forgotten clothes were. Jisung knew there's some unknown clothes in there but he forgot to check it out, so it was left there in the closet. He roamed around, getting on the bed and looked out the window. There's not so much things to look at. He just saw other apartment units and pulled away from the window because it was too high.

Even the cat is afraid of height.

He spotted the beanie and prod his nose to the fabric. Questions flooded in his mind, does Jisung really leave this room just like that without taking out any stuffs from here?

That disappoints him. He thought Jisung did.

Mint did not know what he had to do so he walked under the bed, getting into the closet where the clothes were being placed and jumped on the study table. That's when he realised the drawings were there.

He moved his paw on the paper, trying to flip it but failed.

"Mint?"

Panicked, the small guy jumped off the table and ran to the door but unlucky for him, his head hit the door when Jisung opened it.

Jisung gasped, "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!!" he bent down to pick him up.  His hand rubbed Mint's head with worry, "Are you hurt?"

The cat shook his head from left to right rapidly as if he was getting something off his face, that is, Jisung's hand. His paws were pressed on Jisung's chest before lightly pushing him off and jumped to the floor. He heard some noises in the living room.

Feeling excited, he ran and met a guy with long silver hair.

"Oh, you have a cat?" the unknown male asked.

"I just adopted him two days ago."

Mint walked towards the guy and immediately jumped on his lap. The male laughed.

"Meow."

"It's Dongju," the newcomer introduced himself while showing his heart shaped smile. He patted the cat's head and he leaned it. Dongju giggled, "He likes me."

"He's clingy to everyone, I think." Jisung said while searching for the questions he was confused with.

During the short learning session Dongju's hand kept brushing Mint's hair and body that eventually made him fall asleep on his lap. "How is he not moving?" the silver haired asked when he moved to lean his back on the couch. Mint did not move an inch. "Aren't cats mostly light sleeper?"

Jisung shrugged, "The cat's kinda weird. As if he understands me."

"What's the name?"

"Mint." Dongju gave him a weird look. "He wants it."

"Do you talk to him or what?" the guy stifled a laugh. Jisung just sighed. He laid on the couch while playing with his phone. "But Jisung, do you remember that one time we had to complete the assignment at night?"

"Which one." he muttered.

"There's this night you came to my apartment but at first you were hesitant 'cause you have something or someone to take care of."

His eyebrows furrowed. He turned half of his body to look at the guy who sat at the single couch behind him.

"Uhm, do you know I have a partial amnesia right now?" Dongju's eyes blinked a few times at the question. Jisung quickly sat properly. "What did I say that night?"

"You're having an amnesia?"

"Kinda... I got into an accident a few weeks ago and couldn't remember anything for the past two months?" he replied in a form of a question. "Anyway, what did I say?"

Dongju was speechless hearing that. He never knew Jisung got into an accident. This explains why he did not hear anything from him since the past few weeks because usually Jisung would contact him for study purposes.

"N-not much," he stuttered. "But you were hesitant to return home late so you texted your friends to take care of that someone or something."

Jisung's forehead creased.

"Was I a babysitter?" he asked making Dongju bursted in laughter. The guy groaned as he plopped back on the couch. "They won't tell me anything! This is so annoying!"

The cat woke up. He looked up to Dongju for seconds and laid back on his lap. "You woke the cat, Jisung."

"Mint, here." Jisung stretched out his arm. Mint turned to him and hopped off Dongju's lap and rested on Jisung's chest. "See? He understands me like a human. This cat is something else."

"Maybe because you were the owner? When you got into the accident he somehow escaped and lost, I don't know."

"Make sense." the boy mumbled as he stroke the cat on top of him. He was licking his paws before pressing them on his chest, walking to his head. Jisung giggled when he cuddles himself at the crook of his neck.

Dongju examined those two quietly. Jisung baby talked to the cat a few times and he replied it with a few meows.

"I think you used to be the owner. He seems too attached to you already."

Jisung didn't say anything. He found the logic in Dongju's word so he kept quiet and decided to think about it later.

━━━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━━━

reaaddd

we got our carry marks for
linguistics and i wanna cry

i was rushing while doing
the project and kinda gave
up but the marks i got—

sjdkfhdjfhsiddjskjdoedj😭

so here's an update😭
tbh i want to wait for the
prev chapter to get more
votes before uploading
this but i'm so happy rn😭

by the way, tomorrow
i have linguistics exam😣
(and will be the last time
meeting it, i hope)

wish me luck😞

━━━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━━━