•thirty four•

i almost cried writing this—

keyword: almost. so it's not sad, i'm just being dramatic dun worry

——

The dinner was not awkward at all. It feels like home. The night was a bit chilly but they had more lights above them that provided heat to each one of the boys. And of course, when it comes to eight of them everything would be a chaos.

Chan stifled a laugh when Hyunjin stuffed his mouth with the cake while Changbin in front of him whined. It was the last bite of it and they had been arguing over the small portion for a few minutes now. Before that Seungmin tried to divide it into half but both guys were against it and he eventually gave up, having a conversation with Jeongin instead. Felix was enjoying the meal as well. He constantly chimed in to the two youngest conversation and listened closely. But that guy did not forget to serve Minho and Jisung too.

As for both of them... it was a bit awkward and quiet.

Jisung is usually loud if they have gathering like this. Maybe because he was placed at the end of the table and in front of someone he did not remember he kept quiet. Chan saw how Minho tried to strike a conversation but ended up pouting at Felix. The freckled guy just give him thumbs up as a courage.

Chan internally sighed watching the two.

The Aussie guy examined him from down to up. The former cat boy was sitting on a chair. He had small plasters on his face to cover the wound he had a few days ago.

"Stand up."

The boy did as what he told.

"Minho, don't follow my instructions." Chan sighed. Minho slowly nodded as he sat on the chair back. He had no idea what Chan and Jisung's father did to him. When he woke up from an injection his head feels light but it was not bad as what he experienced in the lab.

He could feel the effect of the initial injection slowly fading but at times he still could not control himself from clawing Chan, he did not even realise it. Poor guy, there's a few scratches on his arms.

Chan instructed him to stand again and this time he managed to sit still. When he did that a bright smile appeared on both faces. "I did it!" Minho cheered.

"Good job, Min. Fight those voices." he patted his hair which Minho subconsciously leaned in. Chan froze.

Even the cat ears disappeared Minho was still longing for head pats.

He continued patting as he squatted down to reach Minho's level. "You missed this?"

Minho opened his eyes and nodded. "Sungie does that everyday."

Chan smiled sadly as his hand continue to stroke his hair. "When you fully heal we can meet him."

"I don't think I can fully heal." he quietly said.

"Minho," Chan's heart clenched when seeing the sad face again. "We're going to meet him next week, after his first paper ended. That time you can spend the whole night with him."

He was silent for awhile, thinking. He knew the plan but secretly was against it. "He doesn't remember me."

"Maybe he will, you can have a talk with him. Surely he will ask what you guys did before he lost his memories." Chan persuaded him. He really hoped Minho comes along. "And after that you can choose what you want to do. I don't want to keep forcing you."

Finally he agreed.

"Thank you Channie."

It hurts.