•thirty six•

Adopting a cat is easier than he thought. The day he got the new friend he bought the necessities. Food, the round fluffy bed, litter box and the sand. When Chan told him it was a stray, he hoped the cat knows how to use the litter box.

"Do you bath? Do I take you to a vet?" he asked while his hand moved on top of its body. The cat was sleeping, maybe taking a nap on the coffee table after jumping here and there and following Jisung everywhere. When Jisung was studying it stayed at the leg of the table while playing with the eraser dust that Jisung forgot to clean. Fortunately it didn't make a fuss.

Jisung's hand cannot detach from its fur. It was so soft, he really thought someone took care of the cat before this. It's quite impossible for a stray cat to have such fur.

When he  b o o p  the nose, the cat stirred it its sleep. Jisung giggled.

"Mint wake up~" the guy sang. "Let's get you to the vet, shall we?"

As if the cat understand, it woke up and walked away from Jisung. He laid next to the refrigerator and continued napping.

"Come on, today's the only day I'm free. I still need to study." he picked up the guy. "Hah, you surrender. Let's go." he put Mint into the cage and left.

As he started driving the cat meowed multiple times and clawed the cage. Jisung did not know what to do since it was his first time bringing a cat in a car. He read somewhere that they could feel nauseous and throw up. Let's hope that won't happen to him. The vet is only ten minutes away down the streets so it should be okay.

"We're here." he announced. People were right when they say they talk to their cats. At first Jisung found that weird but he even talked to a peacock after seeing Chan doing it. At least talking to a pet is a bit normal than talking to an animal in a zoo.

During the check up and clean up the cat could not sit still. It kept moving and meowing while looking at Jisung. Its hand stretched out to his direction as if it wanted him to hold its hand or take it away but Jisung could not do that. He was not allowed to approach the vet to avoid any infection. He just stared at the cat.

Why...?

Does it really feel like this? Is it normal?

"It's okay, it's okay, nothing will hurt." the vet soothed Mint. Jisung left the room and he heard the cat's meow getting louder. His eyebrows met in confusion.

It seems like it's already attached to me?

He waited outside while doing his own research about the cat. From all he found he concluded that it is normal for an owner to feel sad when their cat is meowing.

But the problem now is how the cat acted towards him.

He was about to search more when the vet called him in. When he entered the room Mint was curling up on the small bed, shivering a bit after having a bath for clean up. The vet wrapped it in a towel and gave it to him.

"It's doing just fine. There's no worms or other insects on its body and it doesn't have any sickness or infections."

"Oh, really?" he asked, a bit surprised for a stray cat free from that. The vet nodded. "Alright, thank you so much."

He put the guy in the cage and when he settled in the car he took it out. He placed Mint on his lap while gently stroking it with the small towel.

"You're shivering," he chuckled and turned down the aircond. "It's alright, it will get warm soon." he softly smiled at the curled up cat. He let it nap on his lap while driving. The cat seemed comfortable sleeping there so he did not bother to move it.