Brand me

The pain. The fear. It's all so familiar. Why?

My heart is racing faster than it ever has before. The pain of all kinds inflicting all different parts of my body.  I'm scared, I want it all to stop. Please just make it stop.

I finally get the strength to lift my head from what feels to be the cold tile floor of a bathroom. I blink my eyes as hard as possible, clearing my eyesight. That's when my blue eyes met darker blue eyes that resemble mine, I just thought I would never see them again.

My fathers.

The look in his eyes is so hateful and animalistic it terrifies me more now for some reason more than it ever did as a kid. He's obviously drunk, swaying from side to side, barely able to keep his balance. He steps closer to me until he is hovering over where I am laying on the floor. An evil and terrifying smirk cross his lips. My father was evil but I've never seen this side of him before. How did he find me?

"You disgust me, you know that?" He spits at me, our gazes meeting. Yet he is satisfied that I'm in obvious pain while my gaze is full of unfallen tears. He continues when all I can do is groan in response while holding my side that is obviously brushing from the inside from being kicked.

"You never liked to listen to me, always back talked me. Always such a stubborn fucking child. The only times you ever showed me any respect was when I threw you around a little bit." He snarls, crouching down so our faces are only inches apart. "I always had a feeling that you were going to try and get away from me one day because you never liked being put in your place. So that's what you do, you run and find freedom, thinking you could be as stubborn and awful as you wanted without being disciplined."

"But I knew that someone would have to take my place in disciplining you and you couldn't get away with acting like a spoiled fucking brat for the rest of your life. I thought I was going to have to find you and sick someone to do it for me but the perfect person found you himself." My father stands up from his crouched position and walks over to the bathroom door opening slowly with a proud grin on his face.

I pull myself with the very last ounce of strength I have and lean my back against the wall heaving between my bruised ribs. I have so many confused and hurtful feelings running through my mind from my father's words and actions that when the person walks through the door I have no time to react when he walks to me and grabs my chin tightly in his hands bringing my eyes to meet his.

This is it. This is my worst nightmare and the time I die all at once.

My Father and Ryan Lee in the same place at the same time.

The same men that had destroyed every good thing in my life up until the time I was born. The same men have both abused me physically and mentally for as long as I could remember until I finally thought I got rid of them both.

I was foolish enough to think that it was my time to be completely happy. My best friend moved in with me and my childhood best friend is back in my life after 5 years. I'm living off the money I get for my art. Everything is great and I have never been happier. But of course, I was completely stupid to think I had gotten away from my past forever.

"Please" I choke out. I'm not going to cry. I can't show weakness. I won't.

"Please" Ryan mocks me in a childish voice, shaking his head and laughing. "Your fathers right. You're just as pathetic as you were the last time I saw you. Stand up bitch! Now!" he screams and stands up, walking to stand beside my father. They both look down at me struggling to stand with amused expressions.

I try to do as he says and stand up but due to the shooting pain coursing through my body, I'm not and just fall back down to my sitting position. My breath is heavy and sharp making it harder to breathe, I get tired from holding my head up and lay it back against the bathroom wall,