Baby fever

"Wait, wait. Slow down. You're telling me that you found out that Olivia and Jayce broke up and you finally came to your senses about liking him all in the same night?" Ava askes me while sitting on the couch in our living room and smoking a blunt, looking at me with wide but excited eyes.

"Yep. Yep. Exactly." I said nodding my head slowly and taking a hit from my own blunt. It's been two days since I came to the conclusion that I've liked Jayce my whole life. I haven't talked to him since that night because I have been ignoring him so I can figure out all these feelings I've been feeling. The only thing I have come up with in the past two days is that I've smoked way too much weed and I still really like Jayce.

Now that I look back on all these years, It's crazy to me how I have trained my brain and body to think of him as only a friend when my heart clearly knows it's something else. All the weird heat and sparks that set out through my body with just the subtle touch of his arm. The many times that I could spend all my life just getting lost in his beautiful bright green eyes.

Ava blew smoke in my face and called my name, knocking me out of my trance. "So I'm just confused as to why you have not jumped his bones yet. I mean it's obvious that he likes you back"

There's the other thing that I have been trying to figure out. Does Jayce like me? The only things I can come up with are the few times that I have caught him looking at me with this adoring look that I have convinced myself that was just friendly love. And I mean it's obvious that he never forgot about me through the years that I was not here. Hell, he named his shop after the both of us. I'm still just not sure if it was just our past as inseparable best friends and I'm just reading too much into it.

"I'm still not sure if I believe he sees me as anything other than a best friend yet. Plus, let's say he does end up liking me back. I don't think it would be smart to involve that kind of feelings into our relationship."

"Blakie, I love you but sometimes you are just so damn clueless. I can see it in the way he acts around you and the way he would look at you even when Olivia was around, It was just so much, I don't know... more." She took a second to inhale and exhale the smoke letting her eyes shut a little. "I don't get it, if you both like each other as much as I think you do, what would be the problem with being more"

I took a second to think about her question and took a sip of my beer while putting out my blunt in the ashtray. I really need to chill on the smoking again. "I got a first-hand look at what a life without Jayce looks like. Say if we do decide to take a chance on being more and it ends messy... I don't think I could live without him anymore."

"So you're just going to continue to hide your feelings for him and not take a chance at true happiness with him because you're scared of losing your friendship with him," She asked in a condescending tone.

"Yep." I chugged the rest of my beer and got off the couch from beside her and started making my way to my bedroom. I stopped and turned around barely making eye contact with her so I don't see her disappointed look. Even though I don't need to see it to feel it. "Wanna go to the beach and maybe get some ice cream"

She huffed knowing that I was done talking about this and got off the couch herself, putting out her blunt. "Yeah, I could use some sun and ice cream." She walked past me and I heard her mumble something that sounded a lot like "Maybe the sun will melt some sense into you."

I chuckle and shake my head. "That makes no sense." She kept walking and just raised her middle finger while going up the stairs.

***********************************************************************************************

After a few hours of tanning and getting in and out of the water, it was now 4 pm and we were both very much ready for some ice cream. My hair was still semi-wet and I just had on my black bikini top and a pair of shorts over my bottoms. Ava wore a bright hot pink bikini top that meshed beautifully with her dark skin and had on one of her many long hippie skirts. She was literally glowing.