The Truth

***Trigger Warning*** This chapter contains very detailed physical abuse. Please do not read if it will hurt you. I love you too much to do that.

*Blake*

After Jayce and I decided we were going to leave and go to Granny Reece's to talk, well more like me yelling and Jayce sitting with his tail between his legs. I watched Jayce in silence, walking, well hobbling his way upstairs with one arm over Cash's shoulder and the other over Calvins. Cash checked him out to the best of his abilities and found out that he only had some bruised ribs and a really bad cut on his face, that he is currently holding a cold pack against. Ava, Calvin, and Cash all decided they were going to stay back at the bar.

Ava's face lit up when she spotted a table in the corner of the bar and sitting in it were two attractive girls. Ava must have caught the eyes of one of them and even I got a little flustered at the way they were looking at each other. Ava, obliviously not being scared of anything, walked over and sat right beside the girl she was making googly eyes with. The girl had natural red hair and a face covered in freckles, she's very beautiful and gives off complete tomboy vibes, she's honestly making me re-think my sexuality. I have a feeling that Ava either won't be home tonight or I'm going to have to listen to very loud music to go to sleep.

Calvin said and I quote "There's something wrong here. It's 7 o'clock and I'm not drunk yet. That's officially a new record but sadly I'm going to end it right here. Cash gives me a beer kind sir, chop-chop." I looked Cash's way and for a second I saw a look of hesitancy before he sighed and went in the back to get what Calvin asked for. I don't know Cash but the way he was hesitant to feed onto Calvin's obviously growing addiction. I can tell he's just as worried about him as Jayce is.

Considering Ava and I walked to the bar, I jumped into the passenger of Jayce's truck and we made our way to the ice cream shop. The ride there was tense and quiet. Not that Jayce didn't try to talk and lighten the mood but I was still very pissed about the information I found and wasn't in the best mood to have a conversation. After a few minutes of me ignoring his ass, he got the hint and stayed quiet for the rest of the trip.

I was now, currently sitting on the bench outside of the shop that has our initials carved on the bottom. Jayce went inside to get us some ice cream and came back with a large bowl of salted caramel ice cream for me and a medium bowl of double chocolate chunk for himself.

He handed mine over to me and sat beside me leaving a little space between. I'm not sure if he thought that little bit of space was going to save him from the lecture that he was obviously going to be getting from me but he thought wrong. Very wrong.

I turned toward him in my place on the bench and was mentally trying to burn a hole on the side of his head. I could tell he could feel my gaze because he got antsy and eventually turning to face me but not meeting my eyes.

"Want to explain exactly what I walked in on today" I scolded like a mother that walked in on her kid having sex on her bed.

"I was fighting"

"Oh really, I thought you joined a new dance class." I said with sarcasm dripping off my tone. "No shit you were fighting! I meant what were you doing fighting in an underground Fighting arena. An illegal fighting arena!" I whisper shouted making sure Jayce was the only one who heard me but still getting my point across.

"Look" he said finally meeting my eyes. "I Know you're worried about me getting hurt or getting caught but I'm a grown adult Blake. I'm not that 12 year old kid that needed to come to you for anything and everything. I'm a grown adult just like you who can now take care of himself and not have to come to you to help pick up the pieces. I had to learn how to be on my own over a short period of time and I think I did a pretty damn good job at it" he said harshly while staring at me as if he was trying to make sure I heard him loud and clear. I did. I also didn't miss the dig at me in the end.