"Oh!" He grabbed a box from his bag; I had not even noticed that he had one. He handed me the box, and I took it. "Dad said he wants me to give it to you."

I look at him with a confused expression. "Your dad?" I asked, and he nodded. "But why?"

Chatri shook his head. "He didn't say anything; Dad just told me to give that to you."

I look at the box and inspect it. It's covered with a gift wrapper and is just a small size. I shook it, and there's a noise, but I think it's just a small item.

"Please say to you, Dad, that I am thankful for this, but...he shouldn't have done this."

"Well, Dad is the one who wants to give you a gift," Chatri said. He closed his bag and hopped out of the seat.

"Wait, where is your dad? And why are you the one giving this to me and not him?" I asked skeptically.

Chatri chuckled softly. "I do not know~ anyway; see you soon, Phi!" He said before running off outside.

I still went outside to check on him and saw that his guards were already helping him get inside the van. Chatri saw me and waved goodbye. The vehicle left, and I went inside. I walk back to the kitchen to tell P'Singto that I'll be at the office and to just call me when they need help or something. They said "okay", so I went to my office.

I closed the door and sat in the swivel chair. I placed the box on the table and just inspected it. Why would he give me a gift? Is it because of what happened during my heat three days ago?

As time passed, I got curious, so I unwrapped the gift wrapper on the box and opened it. I looked in the box; there's a bracelet. I took it out and observed it. The pendant or something of this bracelet looks oddly weird; it's just a half-oval shape.

Though it is cute, And it is not that fashionable, but it is simple and beautiful. I loved the bracelet, so I wore the bracelet on my left wrist.

"This looks cute," I said as I stared at it. I look at it from afar, and it is simple yet pretty.

I would be lying if I said that I did not blush the moment I heard about Bright giving me a gift. I still have my doubts about him, and if this is a way of him apologizing for what happened three days ago, I might let him slip this time.

And I'm actually glad that nothing happened that day, because if there was, I don't know if I can face him anymore.

---

The restaurant is now closing. We did have a lot of customers around 7 p.m. up to 10 p.m., but now it is closing time and all the waiters and chefs are getting ready to go home.

"P'Singto, I'll be going home now; Sun might be waiting," I said.

"Sure, just go, and we'll just lock the restaurant," he said. "And by the way, what did the kid give you earlier?"

"What?"

"That's right!" P'New appeared holding a mop. "They gave you something, right? Tell us, who is that kid anyway?"

They saw me?

"That is clearly not your business," I said in a stern tone. "I'll leave everything to the both of you. Bye."

"Bye bye!" P'New shouted. I gave them a last wave and went to my car.

I placed my bag in the passenger seat, and I sat in the driver seat. I started the engine of the car and started driving back to our condo. It's already 11 p.m., so I guess Sun's must be asleep by now. I played some music on the way. It was just a smooth drive all the way. Once I reached the condo unit, I parked my car and went inside.

I still have the bracelet attached to me. I mean, it is a gift, so who am I to refuse a gift? I reached the condo unit, entered the passcode, and went inside. There's only a dim light in the living room and kitchen. I took my shoes off and put my house slippers on. I walk towards the kitchen to get some drinks.

After drinking. I checked all of the windows and doors and made sure that they were locked. And even if P'Off is still not here, he knows how to get in. I walked up the stairs and went to Sun's room.

I slowly opened his room's door and peered inside. His nightlight is on,and he is sleeping peacefully while hugging his stuff bunny. I smiled and carefully closed the door for my son to not wake up. I walk back to my room. I went to my room's bathroom and took my clothes off before changing into the new ones.

This is just my first day working at the restaurant, and it is already stressful. I enjoyed working there; all of the chefs and waiters are so friendly and nice. I rested on the bed and turned off the light. I decided to go to sleep early, even though the time now is not early, since I still have work tomorrow.

caressing the bracelet. I decided to contact Bright. He gave me his number while we were at the bench in the park. I only texted him, saying, "Thank you for the bracelet; you really don't have to."

I placed my phone back on the bedside table. I rested on my stomach and closed my eyes. I was slowly falling asleep when my phone lit up. I took it, and there's a reply from Bright.

CHIVA-AREE Bright
11:43pm
No problem, and it was me who wanted to give you a gift.

I smiled. And there is another one.

CHIVA-AREE Bright
11:44pm
Even though you read this, I know you're tired, so go to sleep. Goodnight, Win.

I laughed at the smiley face at the end of the text. I placed my phone back and found a comfortable position. I quickly drifted off to sleep, with a smile on my face.

---
Do you guys love the new book cover?

‼️(This Chapter is already edited since I noticed some typos)‼️