Ch64. Old Friends

Warning(s): A kinda manga spoiler?? But not as much

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Touya's POV~

When [Nickname] had left UA with Kirishima and Tetsutetsu, I felt uneasy. Aizawa noticed that and told me he wanted to tell me something. Following him to the teacher's lounge we began to talk about her mission.

"I'm not exactly sure but I heard a rumor that they might be facing the Puppeteer Master, a villain who controls people with his hands." Aizawa begins to say.

"I've heard of him but, I thought he wasn't that much of a threat. The hero organization I worked for had info on him and all he used to do was steal from convenience stores but suddenly he vanished and no one could find him. They thought he retired." I added with a pensive expression.

"That's true, I heard that same story. However, it looks like they found a trace of him. Except this time he's not that same lower-class villain he used to be." 

I listened intently to Aizawa as he concluded that Fat Gum's agency would be dealing with that case since the Puppeteer Master was last seen around that area. But Aizawa, just like me didn't like that idea.

"I know she's strong enough, she's fought against tough villains before but still... she has her limits." Aizawa spoke with worry. "I don't know if you know but she told me she had been feeling tired lately."

I nodded in agreement, "Yeah, she's been more sleepy than usual." and I know for a fact it's not my fault. I've been making sure she gets enough sleep, even when she protests about sleeping early rather than getting into our 'nightly activities.'

Both us eventually tried cheering up the other, assuming that perhaps we were being too overprotective of [Name] but... out of the blue, we both received a text from Keigo.

My eyes widened as I saw the content.

[Name] ambushed by villains. Hostage actually villain. Need backup. Erase quirk, distance attack needed, ASAP!

Aizawa and I quickly stood up.

"You got the same message?"

"Yeah!" I nodded as we hurried. "We need to get over there fast! Keigo wouldn't just message us for no reason, [Name] is in trouble."

Aizawa agreed, "Knowing her she's trying to take them all on her own but her quirk can only last for some time, eventually she'll faint from exhaustion. That girl... I swear she's going to make my hair turn grey from worry."

"She's too good for this world. We have to hurry though, time is racing and each minute is crucial." I added.

"The message is vague but it seems like one of the hostage was working for the Puppeteer." he concluded.

"Right, and it seems like [Name] got separated from everyone else and is facing them alone. She's erasing their quirk but it's not enough."

"She's running out of stamina is why." Aizawa quickly speeded up as the light turned green and he drove off.

"But what's this about distance attack?" I questioned.

"From what I can tell, I think Hawks is asking for someone who can do long distance attacks. As far as I know, they don't have someone like that can attack him without having any physical contact. Which is probably why he messaged you."

"Right..." I nodded, but then a quick thought crossed my mind, "Hold on, I remember something. About the file kept about that villain. He used a lot of support items when he started out. Rumor said he relied on them more than he did with his quirk."