chapter 33

It was a solicited agreement; an alliance. Though it took a bit of convincing, Dawnstar had finally managed to get Viperstar on her side. Truth be told, the tomcat was too gullible for his own good.

FallClan was still residing within the confinement of WinterClan, however the divide between the clans was faltering as they began to work together. With the announcement of the coalition, her clan was much more eased and even elated to begin conversing with their newfound union.

So much defeat had clouded over them, the rebirth of hope was enough to set focus off of her, and Lionglare as well.

Early morning birdsong hummed in her ears as Dawnstar trekked through the terrain of WinterClan, the everyday sights becoming so familiar to her.

One moment of peace before the real action strikes, and the intensity of it all was liberating.

"Dawnstar."

Words so familiar yet so angry entered her ears. Dawnstar's blue depth was met by many different faces, all too familiar and all too accusing.

Brinebloom was to one to say her name so irately, his own blue eyes a deeper depth of incandescence than he normally adorned. However it was the parade behind him that nerved her the most.

Blossomfall, Nightglow and Leopardlune stood behind him, each one just as difficult to read as the next.

"What is this about?" Dawnstar queried, her gaze instantly meeting with Leopardlune's however her friend's own eyes were oddly resentful.

"Clear your name while you can, Dawnstar. Don't make me say it again." Nightglow spoke up, and the leader felt dread crawl up her chest and run through every inch of her being.

"I'm not sure what you me-"

"Don't lie." Blossomfall snarled, the venom in her voice seeming to inflict a certain toxicity. "You've done that enough. For once in your dreadful life, just tell the truth."

"I can't believe I defended you for so long." Leopardlune nearly whispered, though her words weren't vile, however much more pained. She seemed so betrayed.

"Brinebloom, what's going on?" Dawnstar questioned, a nearly anguished desperation taking over her voice as she frantically looked at her brother for answers.

"We know everything Dawnstar."

Heartbreak may be metaphorical; your heart doesn't literally break. However Dawnstar could feel her heart shattering, piece by piece, as an uncomfortable heat took over her entire body.

"I found out that I'm having kits." Blossomfall stated bluntly and Dawnstar just stared at her, clearly dumbfounded.

"What does this have-"

"My kits." Nightglow answered for her, his ears pinned uncomfortably low and his teeth noticeably bared.

"When I told Nightglow the news, he broke down into sobs. He told me everything." Blossomfall spoke, and the leader swore she could see a smile lining her face.

"He told us about Luca, the kits' real father. He also told us how you blackmailed him into being the father. You caused so much divide. So much hurt. Do you know that?" Leopardlune hissed, though her words were breaking and her eyes were brimming with tears.

"Leo." Dawnstar breathed out, and her friend just shook her head, an almost silent disregard for her childhood nickname.

"He also mentioned this wasn't your first time lying, so please, enlighten me. What other insipid lies have left your mouth?" Blossomfall sneered.