chapter 25

Giving you what you're begging for
Giving you what you say I need
I don't want any settled scores
I just want you to set me free

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

"I'm scared. I'm scared all the time." Her voice was quiet; delicate. Leopardlune's dim copper eyes stared down at the two sleeping kittens beside her stomach, gaze a mixture of fear and love.

"I wish I could comfort you." Dawnstar whispered from where she lay beside her friend, her head placed gently on her paws.

"You just being here is comforting." Leopardlune soothed, looking at the white molly beside her momentarily before back to the sleeping kits. "I wasn't scared before, because it was just me. But now it's not, and I have these two precious lives that mean everything to me. I had no idea love this strong even existed."

"I'm happy for you." Dawnstar murmured as she offered the golden bengal a weak smile, however her friend just looked at her sadly.

"You deserved this, too."

"Maybe." Dawnstar replied softly as she sighed. "But I'll be okay, and so will you."

The leader spent a few more moments with her friend until giving her a soft nudge and leaving the nursery to be met by bright starlight, the full moon cascading pale moonlight throughout camp.

The white she-cat's coat was coated in a silvery glow as she padded outside of camp, her paws falling into ground she was so familiar with. Although she'd never admit it, she was scared too. She felt like she had so many threats breathing down her neck and she could slowly feel everything falling out of her control.

She so desperately craved control.

Dawnstar continue to let her paws guide her, her eyes drifting over every part of her home, a place which had inflicted so much pain and trial over her. Yet through it all, she still felt this intense loyalty for it. She could never leave, no matter how much she wanted to.

She couldn't tell if that made her strong or weak.

Dawnstar had made it to the ledge where she and Doveflutter had always met at, enjoying the view as she looked down into the valley, exhaling softly until her peace was interrupted.

"It's a little late."

Dawnstar instantly recognized the voice as she curled her lips in a snarl, fur bristling as she met hostile blue eyes.

"I like it. It's calm." The FallClan leader muttered gently, her claws flexing.

"I must say I agree." Creamlily replied, her tail swaying slowly behind her as Harvestleaf and Cicadasong appeared from behind her.

"You've got to be kidding me." Dawnstar nearly whispered under her breath as she eyed all three of them, ears pinning.

"Just wanted to remind you who the real enemy is, Dawnstar." Harvestleaf spoke, his voice hoarse as his claws dug into the ground beneath him.

Dawnstar nearly laughed to herself as her gaze settled with Creamlily's once more, blue burning into blue as she tilted her head to speak, not even hiding the condescending tone which tainted her words. "Too weak to take me on alone so you had to bring the two sidekicks. I'm a little embarrassed for you."