chapter 32

I hate you for what you did
And I miss you like a little kid
I faked it every time, but that's alright
I can hardly feel anything, I hardly feel anything at all

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

She could embody acceptance. Quite frankly, she found herself often having to adjust to change. She was used to it; change was familiar to her, ironic as it was.

Dawnstar was losing another life. She knew she was. She accepted it. She accepted the fear which loomed before reality faded and the fragility of her heartbeat stalled. She accepted the way every limb grew senseless and numb. She accepted the judgement she was about to receive from her dead ancestors.

Dawnstar couldn't keep defending herself, because every time her clarity was at a high and she was given a moment to breathe, she wasn't able to find justification for her actions. She knew they were wrong but she just couldn't stop.

Sometimes she wasn't even sure she wanted to.

However time kept passing; somewhat. Time didn't exist in death. However she felt internally and externally stuck, her vision still completely blinded by nothing.

Why wasn't the soft, feathery grass of StarClan greeting her paws? Why wasn't the healing aroma of morning pine and evergreen dancing around her nose? Why couldn't she hear the distant crashing of the waterfall? Why wasn't she met by the soft, starry copper gaze of Sunstar?

She was alone, paralyzed and blind. It was terrifying and the dread made her feel the constant need to throw up, however her paralysis prevented her from so.

But eventually it was over, however Dawnstar wasn't met by Sunstar or the tranquil expanse of StarClan. Instead, she could feel sensation creep back through her paws and spread throughout every inch of her body.

"She's waking up!"

"Hush, give her time."

The words were faint yet familiar; Graypetal and Hiddenpaw. Dawnstar felt the tension ebb away form her body as full consciousness began to settle.

Eventually she let her eyes open slowly, the sunlight blaring as the light danced within her cerulean gaze.

"It's about time." Brinebloom spoke, his eyes completely dull, just as his words though she was almost positive she could hear a bit of relief within them.

"My kits." She heaved out, her breathing still slightly labored. Dawnstar watched as Graypetal and Brinebloom looked at each other for a brief moment and her head tilted in confusion.

"They're fine." Brinebloom assured, pausing for a slight moment. "Leopardlune has them."

His words only assured her slightly. Now she was filled with something much more confusing in the worst possible way as Brinebloom and Graypetal continued to look at each other, as if they were hiding something from her.

However Dawnstar wasn't left to dwell in her confusion as unfamiliar scents entered her nose and that began to stir new questions in her mind. Where am I?

"Greetings, Dawnstar. I'm glad to see you're okay." Gentle words cooed, and Dawnstar froze as her eyes met soft amber eyes.

"Thank you for allowing us into your home." Graypetal responded hastily, seeing as she was too confused to answer.