basis | introduction

TRIGGER WARNING
this fanfic entails darker themes such as gore, mental abuse, physical abuse, mental illness and topics which may be too harsh for younger viewers. the safety of my readers matters the most to me.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

A/N
hello. i'm lex! from this point forward, you don't have to read this (it may be a little lengthy), but i would really appreciate it if you did.
i made this account to mainly read other's work, and write for my own enjoyment. i never publish my work and strictly write for fun! though one day i just started drafting these characters and forming a plot and i was quite engaged with it, so i decided to write actual chapters.

i then made a timeline and once i looked over it, i was really proud of all the ideas i came up with, so i decided to pursue my first ever published story.

i have this entire story planned from start to finish and i even have a chart that goes over every reoccurring character, which delves into each of them specifically!

before we actually get into the story, i'd like to make a few disclaimers!

dawncurl isn't a typical protagonist, in fact, she really isn't supposed to be a protagonist at all. as the readers, it's up to you to decide whether or not you can sympathize with her or not, but she isn't written to be a hero. if you're getting upset with her actions, or even mad, then i'm doing my job right. she's flawed. she's realistic.

this story isn't black and white, and it delves more into a gray area.

also! something else i want to make extremely clear is that dawncurl is a prodigy. this means she will be a naturally gifted combatant (this is mainly because she's analytical, controlled and collected), however this doesn't mean she will be able to overpower anyone. quite frankly, my inspiration for this story came from atla, and in a way, dawncurl can be compared to azula. however, the two still have very extreme differences, but i'm sure you guys will see the parallels between the two.

i'm extremely excited for this project and seeing it through, and i hope you guys stick around for the roller coaster of emotions which follow. any criticism is okay, we all make mistakes, just be polite about it! any and all feedback is appreciated.