•thirty four•

Start from the beginning

It hurts him to see the lovely guy went quiet next to him. It hurts him to know he was going to reminisce some memories with the guy who did not remember him.

Minho and Jisung were sitting at the edge of the roof, legs dangling. Minho was aware that both of them were afraid of heights but Hyunjin's house was not that high so it's bearable. The rest of his friends were talking at the table and some were in the house, doing whoever knows. Jisung decided to be alone for awhile and Chan asked Minho to come along. With silent agreement they left the table and now here they are.

It was quite for a few minutes. Jisung leaned his body forward and rested his arms on the metal fence. The night breeze greeted his cheeks softly.

This reminded Minho of the night they ditched their friends after finding out Changlix were together. The night where they had their first kiss.

"How were we?" Jisung spoke up as the silence was killing him. Minho blinked his eyes in surprise. The blonde just kept his eyes forward to the city in front of them.

Minho fiddled with his fingers, feeling nervous. "We... the first meeting was not that great," he gulped. "You kind of disliked me, I had no idea why."

He could hear Jisung chuckling with a smile. With that he smiled too.

"I'm not good at meeting new people, maybe that's why." he reasoned while moving his hands in random circular motion.

"Sometimes you lash out on me so one day I figured out maybe it was the best to stay away from you," Minho chuckled as he said that. "I stayed away and you noticed that. But then you apologised so we became friends."

Jisung nodded, still not tearing his eyes from the city.

Minho feels sad when that's the only response he got. He really want the conversation to keep on going because this might be the last time he met Jisung. But he did not know how. He was once close with the guy and now they were like strangers. It hurts Minho so bad that he wanted to stay away from Jisung at that moment.

He started to think this was not a good idea. Minho looked at his back to sign Chan he wanted to return but the guy was chatting with his boyfriend and Changbin. He sighed.

Guess he needed to hold it a bit longer.

"I feel really bad for not remembering you," Jisung interrupted his thought. "There's someone I forgot too but Hyunjin never allow me to remember about it yet because it distracts me from my study. He said “after the last paper” which is obviously I won't do that." he stifled a laugh.

The heart pounded even harsher against his chest.

"I'm so sorry, Minho. You and him, I forgot both of you. Now that I know you I feel a bit relief but I haven't met the other one."

I'm here..

Sungie, I'm here in front of you.

"I figured out he was important to me because of some things he left in my house. I— I had no idea where he went. It's killing me."

Minho heard soft sobs from Jisung.

"They never mentioned about him, just like they never mentioned about you. I have to wait for four days more to find out who he is."

Minho could not contain his tears in his eyes anymore. Tears rolled down his cheeks while he pursed his lips. He did not want Jisung to know he was crying too.

The blonde had his hands dangling on the metal fence as he looked down. His shoulders moved uncontrollably as he cried. Minho slowly scooted closer to him and patted his back.