Chapter 8

Slowly, i walked towards my Dad. A tear slid from my cheek as he looked at me so disappionted. He had always wanted the best for me and he'd always stuck his neck out for me when i needed him. I just hope he'd do this one last time. I took a seat at the other end of the kitchen counter and stared at the marble table top, putting my head in shame.

"Dad..." I trailed off, i didn't have a clue what to say next. I just hoped my Dad would talk, or atleast yell at me. Eventually, he started muttering.

"Lexi?" He rubbed one of his eyes while facing me. " You're my baby girl! You had sex!" He muttered at me in an angry tone. "You're pregnant!" He then shouted. I nodded my head at him and i felt him stare at me as i turned to look away. "What is everyone going to think?" He shook his head again. "Have you even onsidered your options?" He suggested, and he was right. What were people going to think? What am i going to do?

"There is abortion, or adoption?" I asked him, like he was ment to decide for me. He just shrugged his shoulders. "I'll probably give it up for adoption or something, i don't know!" I felt a headache coming on and i squeezed my eyes tight.

"Wait, who's the kids dad?!" He yelled, standing up in an instint. I rubbed my head hard at this as he then stood next to me. "Who is he?!" He demanded.

"I don't know him Dad! I got drunk at Silver's party and he was drunk too! I don't know who he is!" I lied. I didn't want my Dad barging towards him, shouting about me being pregnant when he didn't even know. My Dad then looked at me in disgust. "You-You're not going to kick me out are you?" I flinched as he put his jacket on.

"No, count yourself lucky!" He hissed at me. "I'm going to pick up your brothers!" He then stormed out of the house. I was so thankfully he wasn't going to abandom me or anything. Least are house is huge. I sat there crying for around 10 minutes, until i went upstairs because i didn't want Joel or Max asking any questions.

I threw myself in my bed and curled up into my silky sheets. I wiped the tears off my cheeks and i still had my clothes on, but i didn't care at all. When i heard the front door open and then slam shut, i knew they were all home. I prayed that Max or Joel wouldn't come up in to my room. But, whoever i was praying to up there, clearly wasn't on my side the past few months. Somebody knocked on my door. I covered my face with my blanket, so they couldn't see me.

The person just took it off my face and stared at my saw eyes. Max's eyes were muddled "Why have you been crying?" He asked me confused. He sat on to my bed and faced me. I sat up and looked at him. I then told him everything. Not about the sex, but about being pregnant and that he would be an uncle soon.

"Congratulations, i guess!" He then smiled and gave me a big hug. It meant the world to me the fact he did such a little thing, but he had such a big impact on my feelings. Max made me feel like i could do it.

It was around 7:30 and i had been hibernating in my room for what seemed days, but it was only around 3 hours. I was avoiding my Dad and trying to help him clear his head a bit. Joel had also came to see me about what was wrong with me. I just told him the same thing as our little brother, but with a bit more detail. He reacted in sort of a positive way, just not as positive as Max. This was probably because he was 14 and he knew what i had done. Joel knew that i had sex, i was drunk and i didn't know who the father of my baby was.

Baby. My baby. I hated saying these words because of the abortion idea. I hated the fact it could be a baby inside of me. But, then again, i didn't like referring to this, as 'it' either. Abortion was the safe option. If i just got rid of the baby then all of this would be over and i could continue life as normal. I would be able to watch girly movies with Silver all night long and be a proper teenage girl!

'Keeping this?' I had thought to myself, while putting my right hand on to my belly. No, i couldn't possibly! I shuck my head after pausing for a few long seconds. I was only 16 years old and had my whole life ahead of me. 'I don't even know any babies?' I thoiught about this for a while. I didn't know how to hold one, feed one or change one of their nappies! Motherhood wasn't for me, atleast not yet!

Then, i scrolled down on the website and came across 'Adoption'. I hadn't really thought about this option. I would have been able to give birth to the baby and give it to a loving family who truly deserved a kid of their own, but couldn't. But, on the other hand, i'd feel lost. Giving birth to a child i could never know or see. I'd probably be thinking about them everyday. What they looked like. How they were dressed. It would be too hard to think that there is this other part of me out there somewhere, and that i would never be able to hold him or her.

There was no easy option, Every single choice came with regrets, loss and consequences. Whatever one i would choose would change my life, completely. The the thought occured to me, 'I have to, i have to get an abortion! For the child's sake...'