chapter 13: their bet

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

After Romeo borrowed Travis from Juliet..

TRAVIS' POINT OF VIEW

"Sooo?" Romeo smirked at me as I smiled.

"I did it, I finally did it!" I exclaimed.

"I'm so proud of you, Travis! But, did Juliet respond to your confession?" He asked as he frowned and we started walking to class.

"Apparently, no. But, I understand and I am willing to wait for her." I replied as I smiled then three guys went to us.

"Great job, Johnson! You're finally the talk of the school." One of the guys said.

"And because of that, you passed the bet. You are now one of us." Another guy said then Romeo did his confused face.

Everyone, meet the other three popular guys in our school. William, the leader among us. Edward, William's backup or next in rank. Lastly, Arthur, the one who has been with the two of them since middle school. All of them  are known for being the popular slash bad guys in our school ever since.

When I was still new in this school back in nineth grade, William and I met because we were paired up as partners for a project we did. William find me as a goofy guy with a shy personality at the same time, so he decided to introduced me to his friend group.

One day, after I accidentally told them that I like Juliet, they decided to make a bet since that's what popular students do. They said if I wanted to be in their group and not humiliate my sister Lauren for rejecting Edward because of Romeo, I must make a move on Juliet and suddenly asked her out on the next week. I had no choice but to agree and protect Lauren and Romeo. They even said when the whole school knows about me, asking Juliet, I can officially be in their friend group.

"Bet? Travis is not some kind of guy who makes a bet with you popular guys, even though he precisely is one." Romeo said in confusion as he looked at me.

Oh yeah I forgot, Romeo had no idea about the bet, but he sure do know that I am friends with them. Romeo and I have been friends since sixth grade, I might have a feeling that he might've thought that I am lying to him, especially when he is my sister's boyfriend.

"What are you talking about? Travis literally settled a bet with us three." Edward said as he went closer to Romeo.

"Wh-What is the bet all about, Travis?" Romeo asked as he looked at me and I looked down.

"We agreed that if Travis confesses her feelings to Juliet, he can finally be in our friend group and not humiliate Lau-" William explained as I cutted him off.

"Not humiliate me infront of everybody, yes that's correct." I said as I sarcastically smiled.

"Travis, why are you doing this? Does this mean that you don't actually like Juliet?" Romeo worriedly asked as we looked at each other.

"You see man, we are the popular students in this campus and that's what we do." Arthur said as Edward walked backwards.

"I'm not talking to you. Travis answer me, I have known you since sixth grade and I know you don't settle decisions like this." Romeo worriedly said as I sighed.

"Look Romeo, it's whats best for everybody alright?" I sighed as I looked up at him.

"You're doing the wrong thing, Travis. Don't let these popular students change you." Romeo said.

"I am not changing, Romeo. If only you do understand what's really going on, you would not talk to me like this." I replied as the popular kids looked at each other.