chapter 7: tragedy on his birthday

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

ROMEO'S POINT OF VIEW

"I guess I could try." I nervously said then the couple exclaimed.

"Great! Please do prepare the paperworks for us to sign, and do it faster, we don't have all day." Mrs. Greene demanded then the assistant nodded and immediately went to get the paperworks.

"Thank you for agreeing, Romeo. We can't wait to have you as our family." Mr. Greene said as he smiled at Romeo.

"From now on, he's Rodolfo, Peter." Mrs. Greene said as she fixed her clothes.

"Y-Yes, of course, my love." Peter replied as he sighed.

There's a part of me regretting it, but I've always thought that I wanted to have a family again. After signing the paperworks and grabbing my things, we immediately went home. Their house is a very massive one, it feels like I'm in a castle and I am the prince.

"Maids, please bring Rodolfo's things up to his room." Mrs. Greene said then both of the maids nodded and grabbed Rodolfo's things.

"Rodolfo, before you go upstairs and change into your new clothes, I would like you to meet our son." Peter said as a boy walks downstairs, reading a book.

"Matthew, this is Rodolfo. Rodolfo, Matthew." Mrs. Greene said as Rodolfo/Romeo smiled at Matthew.

"It's so nice to meet you, Matthew." Rodolfo/Romeo said.

"Likewise, I guess." Matthew said as he frowned.

"Mom, my friends are coming in 10 minutes. So can all of you go get dress especially this boy over here?" Matthew rudely said.

"For real." Mrs. Greene scoffed as she rolled her eyes.

"Maria, that's insulting, especially you, Matthew." Peter scolded.

"Rodolfo, please come to your room and change into your clothes. The maids will guide you to there." Peter said to me as I nodded then went upstairs.

As Matthew and Maria slowly leave, Peter stopped them.

"A word with you two in the living room now." Peter demanded then Matthew and Maria sighed.

The maids and I arrived at the second floor after a long stairway. Their house is so big, many rooms here and there.

"This is your room, Sir." One of the maids said then I smiled.

"Please don't call me sir, call me R-Romeo instead." I stuttered then the both of them nodded and smiled.

I would've called myself Rodolfo, but for some reason, it really felt weird calling myself another random name. So I decided to call myself Romeo. I opened the door and there it was my room. It is very huge, the walls are painted with my favorite color light blue, I even have a huge closet where I can put my stuff on. I knew the moment I entered the house that it would be a different kind of living unlike the one I used to have. But of course, I've never said it is better than the living I once had.

"We will let you change into your clothes, Romeo." One of the maids said.

"We will be right outside." Another maid continued as they slowly walked out.

"Oh, wait!" I said then they turned back at me.

"May I ask on what are your names? You two really seem very nice." I politely asked.

"My name is Teresa, and she is Amber." Teresa said as she smiled and pointed at Amber.

"Thank you for your kind words, Romeo. We really appreciate it." Amber said.