Bokuto Koutarou - Give Me a Little More Time Pt 2

Start from the beginning

"Why both of us?" (Y/N) laughed. "You're the one who's going to face the consequences."

"If I go down, I'm taking you with me."

(Y/N) grinned. "Lucky me, then."

Even though Bokuto had only been gone a couple of days, he missed the ease and freedom he felt by (Y/N)'s side. One conversation with him could energize him for the rest of the year. He couldn't tell if he was being selfish for the thought of talking to (Y/N) every minute of the day if such a thing was possible. Would it make him a bad person if he took that offer without hesitation?

"Any more chores on your list I could help out with?" he called out as (Y/N) jogged back to the coup to gather the remaining eggs and fallen basket.

Bokuto silently took the basket from (Y/N)'s hands as they headed back to the house.

"You want to spend the only day you have here doing chores with me?"

"Never enough manual labour, right?"

A lapse of silence encased them.

"(Y/N)?" Bokuto asked.

(Y/N) glanced at him through the corner of his eye and then looked away quickly. "I've got an idea."

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

You were being cryptic as you gave Bokuto directions, not saying a word more than to turn left or right. Though, to Bokuto's credit, he didn't ask any further questions except for how much longer he'd be driving even when you told him to turn onto a path that led straight into a grove of trees.

You had to suppress a smile every time the tires would hit the root of a tree making the car shift slightly, and Bokuto's face only grew scared.

"You're not driving me into the forest to tell me to dig a shallow grave, right?" he asked.

"Who knows." You shrugged. "A lot could happen in the time that you were gone. Oh! Stop here."

Bokuto parked the car. He twisted in his seat to get a sense of his surroundings. "I see trees and more trees."

You shushed him. "Listen."

Bokuto turned his ear to the front of the car and after a moment, he shook his head. "I hope you know where we are and how to get back. I don't think that the people you call to find you when you're lost will respond well to the answer of 'I don't know, somewhere in the middle of the forest'."

You chuckled and closed your eyes. You understood why Bokuto wouldn't hear anything, but you've been to this part of the woods to know what to listen for. Faintly, you heard the rhythm of a stream cascading downhill further into the woods.

The thought of water flowing away brought you both peace of mind and a wave of sadness. The look must have reflected on your face because when you opened your eyes, Bokuto was looking at you with concern woven in his eyes.

"Let's go," you smiled.

You still kept the location a secret as you led Bokuto gently by the hand to the sound of the water.

At the stream's edge, you stopped. Crystal clear water flowed over the rock bed that lined the bottom of the stream. It was less than 20 centimetres deep and just barely a meter wide. You didn't know where it ended, but not knowing only made it better.

A low whistle escaped Bokuto's lips. "I understand the secrecy. I wouldn't want anyone else to know about this either."

You crouched down and placed your hand in the cool water. "Then I guess it's our secret to keep."