"One"

"Her idea!"

"Their idea!"

The moment Readen finished counting, the twins and Ann pointed toward each other simultaneously.

"You're blaming me?"

Ann whispered to Noah and Oliver, annoyed at them for selling her out in an instant, ignoring the fact that she was doing the same.

"Fine. It was my idea!"

"Our idea!"

The breakfast house erupted into laughter at the sight of the three foxes pointing at themselves.

Ann facepalmed while the twins just shrugged.

If they were about to be reprimanded anyway, then there was no point in arguing over who did it. They were not children to get grounded for fighting in school. At most they would be forced to return the money and be lectured for hours.

"Pfft!" Jade choked on his coffee.

"At least get your stories straight!" He laughed, wiping the coffee all over his mouth.

"Look, Raeden!" Ann slammed her hand on the table.

"We never intended to create any trouble with the Golden Lion mercenaries!"

"They started it! They were the ones who boosted themselves!" Ann argued fiercely as if she was possessed by the spirit of fire. 

"It was a fight monitored by the head of the Tullus mercenaries! And we won fair and square!"

She leaned on the table Raden was seated and hovered over him as she stated each of her points.

"Nobody's going to pay anybody back! Got that?!"

Ann huffed and stared into Raeden's eyes with determination. It was the money they had rightfully earned after winning the dual.

Ann had no intention of returning a single dime even if it was the last thing she did.

But contrary to Ann's calculations, Raeden did not even flinch. She wanted to confuse him with a constant barrage of words and when he gets flustered, change the topic into something completely unrelated.

It was a technique she constantly used on Clive ever since they were kids to get away with pranks. And it worked almost every time.

Yet Raeden, the invincible wolf, stared back at her face without saying a word. The two were in such close proximity that their position could be mistaken for kissing by onlookers.

"Ann..." Raeden raised his hand as he called out to her. He noticed an eyelash on Ann's left cheek.

But before Raeden could touch Ann's cheek, they were interrupted by a familiar cheery voice.

"Haha... Look at you. As rowdy as always."

The owner of the voice laughed heartily. He walked towards the table Ann and the others were in long strides like a supermodel. The tiger emblem on his head cloth shined under the sun as he confidently smiled at them.

"Never a boring day with the Nero mercenaries"

"Elijah?" Ann unconsciously called out to him in a confused state.

Elijah Sehra, also known as the 'Agrichian Sabertooth', was the head of the Sehra merchants belonging to the Desert Kingdom of Agrichia located in the southernmost part of Elan bordering both Orion and Velven.

Elijah was as handsome as he was ruthless. He earned the name 'Agrichian Sabertooth' after clawing down his competition within a year of becoming the head of the Sehra merchants.